Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]

Also I really want Moss to win a SB, he deserves one.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I am quite impressed with Moss's ability and performance this year (and am thrilled I have him in fantasy football), he is way down the list of players who "deserve" a Super Bowl ring.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm convinced that the NE starters will play the entire pro bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Belichick will be coaching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be your best post ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
who wins, NE or NFC pro bowl team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely NFC pro-bowl team if they got a chance to gel.

AFC sans Pats players would also beat the Pats.

Brady would be better than any AFC alternative to QB. I guess you could go with Romo or Favre.

Yes Moss is the best WR in the game right now but you could have a team with TO, Fitz, Roy W, Boldin, etc.

RB again the NFC has a much better player in AP.

TE, Witten would be a pretty solid choice.

O-line, Pats have a good o-line but I'm pretty sure with Hutch, and others I can come up with a much better one.

Defensively, Pats are strong but they are nowhere near as strong as their O. Easily go with the NFC mix-match squad.

Not saying Pats aren't impressive and right now could be writing their story as the best team ever, they just don't have enough talent to match a pro-bowl squad in even the weaker league.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 AM

how about if you merge 2 random teams? How good would a Jets/Dolphins hybrid be?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:36 AM

You take the Colts and give them some pieces from let's say Dallas and you beat the Pats I think pretty soundly. Then again those are two, top 5 teams.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how about if you merge 2 random teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm amused that you wonder about random teams, and the first two team combinations are a pair of horrible teams and a pair of excellent ones.

My random number generator picked Buffalo and Green Bay. How would they do?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of these days, when the Pats are running up the score, some coach is just going to tell their guy to take out Brady's knees and try to end his season, maybe his career.

As much as the Bills deserve it for sucking at football, running up the score pisses people off.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're assuming it pisses the Bills off - they say otherwise:

Coach Dick Jauron
(on the Patriots going for it on fourth down)
"No, I have no problems with that. It's our job to stop them. It's not their job to do what you or we might want them to do. They are just playing football."

General manager Marv Levy
"They played magnificiently. They are as good of a team as I have seen in quite some time. I have no gripe for players who are out there and want to excel and want to do things, and want to look good, and play with pride. It's up to us to stop them and not say 'don't throw the ball, don't do this.' No gripes at all on that."

"Sure, it gets to you," Bills free safety George Wilson said. "There was a situation like this against the Redskins a few weeks ago and some spoke up. I'm not going to do that. This is a 60-minute game and if they want to go for it on fourth down you've got to strap it up and stop it. This ain't no pity party. In this league there is no remorse."

"I don't feel bad about it," echoed Buffalo strong safety Donte Whitner. "This is football. Our job is to stop it if they want to go for it. There's nothing against them. They play hard, they play the whole game. I don't begrudge them. You have to stop it."
Old 11-19-2007, 11:56 AM

Bills free safety George Wilson-
"There was a situation like this against the Redskins a few weeks ago and some spoke up. I'm not going to do that. This is a 60-minute game and if they want to go for it on fourth down you've got to strap it up and stop it. This ain't no pity party. In this league there is no remorse."

Buffalo strong safety Donte Whitner-
"I don't feel bad about it. This is football. Our job is to stop it if they want to go for it. There's nothing against them. They play hard, they play the whole game. I don't begrudge them. You have to stop it."
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of these days, when the Pats are running up the score, some coach is just going to tell their guy to take out Brady's knees and try to end his season, maybe his career.

As much as the Bills deserve it for sucking at football, running up the score pisses people off.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're assuming it pisses the Bills off - they say otherwise:

Coach Dick Jauron
"No, I have no problems with that. It's our job to stop them. It's not their job to do what you or we might want them to do. They are just playing football."

General manager Marv Levy
"They played magnificiently. They are as good of a team as I have seen in quite some time. I have no gripe for players who are out there and want to excel and want to do things, and want to look good, and play with pride. It's up to us to stop them and not say 'don't throw the ball, don't do this.' No gripes at all on that."

"Sure, it gets to you," Bills free safety George Wilson said. "There was a situation like this against the Redskins a few weeks ago and some spoke up. I'm not going to do that. This is a 60-minute game and if they want to go for it on fourth down you've got to strap it up and stop it. This ain't no pity party. In this league there is no remorse."

"I don't feel bad about it," echoed Buffalo strong safety Donte Whitner. "This is football. Our job is to stop it if they want to go for it. There's nothing against them. They play hard, they play the whole game. I don't begrudge them. You have to stop it."

[/ QUOTE ]

And they also say, regardless of the game:

"It was a hard fought game, we just went out and tried to make plays, we made more plays then they did, lets give credit to their team for trying so hard, etc. etc. insert additional stock answer here."

I'm not exactly trusting anything that they're telling the press, who wants to come off as a "whiner" even if alot of people are following the same line of thinking.

Cody
Old 11-19-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think the NFL is full of the kind of stubborn people who will hold a grudge for an eternity. I also think that the ones who would be the most upset by any perceived slights are also likely to be the kind of people who stick it out for the years it takes to ascend to a head coaching position.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, but hold a grudge against who? the franchise? does anybody really think like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fans think like that. I grew up in a Redskins household, so I was raised to hate the Cowboys. Neither the Cowboys nor the Redskins are owned by the same people and, with the exception of Joe Gibbs, nothing about today's Redskins has any relation to the Redskins of the 80s. Yet Redskins fans still hate the Cowboys.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Its pretty huge that you cant actually answer this question. He was going to be an "[censored]" regardless of what he did amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]
like i said, patriots acting like victims. are you arguing belichick went for it on fourth and short 3 straight times and then turned around and punted in field goal range because he felt bad he did it all those other times? btw, i have not yet argued that going for it on 4th all those other times made him a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

You havent, but everyone else had. And if he had done something differently you would have made the same exact post with a few different words. Thats the whole point. For weeks all we've seen are posts calling him an ass for going for it all the time, and now he doesnt and we have to hear the same exact posts about how he DOESNT go for it? How do you honestly come up with this stuff, and deliver it with a straight face?

And I'm def not a Patriots fan.