Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you ever flat call (not all-in) with aces preflop?
Yes, it is a common play in my arsenal and I do it very often. 5 8.62%
Yes, in certain situations or against certain opponents. I do it fairly regularly. 7 12.07%
Yes, but it is a very situation- and opponent-dependant play and I rarely use it. 37 63.79%
No, but I wouldn't rule it out if the perfect situation arose 8 13.79%
No, and I believe that it is always wrong. 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Is this an angle or am I a nit?

Early morning 1/2 NLHE game after all-night action. Tables are consolidated with 3 new players coming in. Player to my right is new and brings about $100 with about $40 in white($1), $60 red($5). He lays his chip stacks on there side next to the rail. Basicly he has chip tubes, not stacks.

He doesn't play any hands for a couple of orbits. I look down to my right and notice that he's now got a black chip($100) on the rail, but don't think any other player or the dealer can see it. I announce to the dealer that there is a black in play so that all players paying attention know that the high value chip is there. After a few more hands, he's got he black and several greens($25) in play. The greens aren't totally concealed like the black.

Table max buy in is half the big stack of about $800. He doesn't have more than $400 so he's legal.