Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 PM

Default high stakes absolute players

steamroller, greycat, doubledrag,
win every day every session they play from talking to other high stakes players,
has anyone ever booked a winning session against them cuz i havent
anyway dont really play there these days because of what seems to be suspicious things on there

i also saw steamroller chip dumping to someone named supercard i think, steam would cap flop, turn, and river then fold for 1 or something like that, and i remember greycat saying he lost 50+k to supercard

ive never played with double drag but my friend told me ppl were very suspicous of his nl play and he ended up dumping 250k the next day to romaldo or something like that
Old 09-13-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: high stakes absolute players

Why does it worry you that some people would chipdump to others?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 PM

im worried about more than chip dumping..
Old 09-13-2007, 10:38 PM

so they win every session except the ones they chipdumb?

i think your strategy should be to find the sessions where they are chipdumping and join.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:40 PM

Actually I should take what you say more seriously. FWIW when I was playing against graycat it felt like he could see my hand - some ridiculous things happened. He limp/called preflop a decent amount, but limp/folded only twice. When I had KK and QQ. And no I didn't win. Ditto for doubledrag.

Haven't played steamroller HU but he was terrible/won heaps in 6max.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:02 PM

Does anyone datamine these games?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:07 PM

did u play grey cat hu?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:13 PM

I have been playing on ap for years now and do play all the sites for the last few years, I play anywhere from 10-20nl to 100-200nl and play the 100-200lmt 200-400lmt on ap and ps. But i have watched and noticed all these players and can state that their play is consistent with one who could possibly see the cards. I have analyzed their play after seeing how they play everyhand and some how know when to fold make the perfect bluff and make the best value bet possible it is almost too perfect. I have 400 hands accumilated with steamroller and his showdown percentage of winning with me is 75%..isn't that unheard of? Doubledrag plays every hand and overbets pots when a player has nothing and i'm saying overbets as in 700$ pot and player checks and double will bet like 3k and players will consistenly fold. I watched double play agianst 2 quality opponents both sitting 10k buy ins at the 25 50 deep stack 10k buy in now at ap and he was at 22k and one player raised and he reraised preflop and the 2 other players called reraises making the pot about 700
(i apoligize for the weak show of the hand because i can't find it in hand history) flop came 2c4s4c and double raised 355 and first player to act called and second player reraised the pot to 2800....double then was to act and thought for awhile and went all in into both players and first player folded and second player thought and called with qk suited clubs and double had a9 offsuit turn came the club and double lost...This is one of many hands where he just pushed 14k into 2 players with ace high and when the player called he was actaully ahead at the time. If anyone would like anymore hands like this they can pm me, but he did also call an all in by me on the flop when he bet pre flop i called with 109d and i pushed 3k after flop with him betting out and i had flush draw with no pair 10 high and he called wiht k3 off and just king high. somehow making a call like that when he was actually ahead is mind boggling and that is where i find suspicion. Overall apparently doubledrag made a little over 300k in 8 days on ap and was told by a few players the last day he was seen playing how they had sucpicion of him cheating and he mocked them and 5 minutes later proceeded to sit out and has not played since that night. Well until today, i went to go to ap site and whenn i looked i saw doubledrag at the 25/50 nl where he dropped about 120k to a player named romaldo( by betting 9975 and then folding the all in) then went to the 5k sng hu and dumped another 100k or more sitting 4tables and just betting out like he did at the cash tables. To me it sounds very fishy and scary that it's possible that players could have an edge where you don't have a chance to win agianst them. I have played online poker for almost 4 yrs now and have never seen anything like these players shown above and actuallly in my database show that i am down to all of these players. I have talked to several guys at the 200-400 limit and everyone thinks these players above are bad but all of them have are losers against everyone of the above players. I would like to hear some thoughts on some of you guys have played millions of hands online and if they have seen any betting patterns that could result in suspicion of the intergrity of the system.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 PM

Yes, just checked PT and he took me for 90 bets in 230 hands.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:18 PM

all1n you lobsternsake on ap way back?