Old 11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
OodaThunkett OodaThunkett is offline
Junior Member

Location: Not buying Sklansky
Default Re: Latest AP press release

[ QUOTE ]
If AJ was involved then there HAS to be more than one person involved. The person who wrote or knew the software change made the hole cards available and the person he(or she) told that it was there(AJ)

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember this from the chat session Mark Seif sent out?:

Mark Seif says (10:47 PM):
well as you probably know the ap scandal is much bigger and worse than any one would have guessed
AP Support Guy says (10:47 PM):
[censored]. . . tell me about it
AP Support Guy says (10:47 PM):
so [censored] stupid
Mark Seif says (10:47 PM):
its so unbelievable the stuff i am hearing and readinhg
Mark Seif says (10:47 PM):
so [censored] stupid!
Mark Seif says (10:47 PM):
i totally agree
Mark Seif says (10:47 PM):
disgussting actually
AP Support Guy says (10:47 PM):
everything we've worked for
AP Support Guy says (10:47 PM):
disgusting is the right word
AP Support Guy says (10:48 PM):
everything being demolished by a couple of stuipid and ignorant maniacs
Mark Seif says (10:48 PM):
well my name and reputation has been dragged through the mud pretty badly
Mark Seif says (10:48 PM):
people think i was involved
AP Support Guy says (10:48 PM):
well
AP Support Guy says (10:49 PM):
i've been reading the stuff on forums

(link here)

This has been mentioned before (at the time, in fact) but I've never seen an explanation of how the employee is referring to a couple of people, and Seif doesn't correct him, when they were still (and are still) blaming one person. Sorry if I've missed this, but I believe I've read all the posts. What are they actually talking about here?

It could be that they are talking about the people here at 2p2, I suppose, but that isn't how it reads. They refer to the scandal, say it's huge, then put it down to a couple of people. That's how it reads to me. Has this been addressed anywhere?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Cruzincat Cruzincat is offline

Location: Maryland

Movie plotline: Matt Damon's Rounders character falls on hard times and is relegated to play online poker only. Learns a lot about computer networking, internet etc. Makes the case for an online poker company that has been cheating their customers. Writes a book and a screenplay, Ben Affleck plays his character. Damon gets enough money from his part in the successful movie to enter the WSOP and wins! Fade away as you see a headline, Absolute Poker going strong, years after disgrace.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:20 AM
LuckyMux LuckyMux is offline

Why has AP insisted that Nat sign an NDA saying he cannot reveal who was using account #363? WTF?

Is it possibly anything to do with the fact that account 363 was being used from Scott Tom's home IP address...?

The cover-up has become worse than the offence. Deleted hand histories, press releases so full of lies they hurt your eyes to read, and all because AP is still protecting the people (yes, plural) who, it claims, swindled the company out of $1.6m.

Bullsh*t.

(BTW, Nat - any information you had already heard, from any source, whether you knew it to be correct or not at the time, is NOT covered by the NDA.)
Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 AM
McFatSauce McFatSauce is offline
Member

I really doubt ESPN is going to say anything on this partly due to the large number of Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet ads they have running.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:33 AM
shakedown shakedown is offline
Junior Member

In regards to the HHs that supposedly "can't be found" - I emailed Absolute back in September, along with a few other poker sites, asking for their data retention policy. Someone from support assured me that they have a backup of all the hands I ever played on their servers (although I don't actually plan on playing there - I was just enquiring about their data retention).

In saying that, I know that HHs do actually cost a lot of money and resources to store (one of the reasons why I was asking about data retention in the first place) - it's not as simple as saying 500GB HDs only cost $100 so everyones HHs should fit on $2000 worth of hardware (or whatever low amount). The actual cost is more than 100x this amount.

PM me if you want more details.

-----------------

Dear XX,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to inform you that every single hand that you play will be stored at your hard drive with a backup at our servers that you can request from your account and will be sent directly to your email.

In regards to your tournament, sit & go and ring game stats, we can send you a summary of the last three months including table numbers, tournament IDs, buy in amount, prize paid, and account balance before and after each single action, you will also be able to see dates and times of each session.

In order to provide you with your login data or your personal details you must write us from your registered email address and provide us the following information:

- Complete Name
- Nickname
- Registered email address
- Complete physical address
- Phone number
- Deposit method and ID details
- Zip code

In regards to your transaction history we can send you a summary of your deposits withdrawals and transfers. In this summary you will be able to see dates, amounts, descriptors or processors and trace ID.

For more detailed information on all the special features that we have to offer please visit the following link so that you can be well informed:

http://www.absolutepoker.com/support/features.asp

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We are here for you!

Sincerely,

Aaron
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.Com

We’re Here To Stay! All Players Welcome!

Come and join the action this weekend with our 150k guaranteed on Saturday and 60k on Sunday! With more and bigger guaranteed tournaments, Absolute Poker is your place to play. See you at the tables whenever, wherever!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 PM
SpaceMonkey13 SpaceMonkey13 is offline
Member

"PokerNews acknowledged Green's possible involvement after Green was mentioned by former AP spokesman Mark Seif in connection with "hole cards" and the AP situation in a video that appeared on another site."

I must have missed a thread somewhere...he walked or got the axe?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:14 PM
ibluffoldladies ibluffoldladies is offline

Location: 3-betting your grandmother

Tuco, WHERE did you get this "press" release? Your email box?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
CPOner CPOner is offline
Member

Location: Right behind you!

i feel so much better knowing that they fired the person responsible

what a joke

im pretty sure that most people and corporations would think that stealing nearly a million dollars from loyal innocent customers should require a punishment slightly more harsh then firing the 'employee'

but maybe im weird (ok i know im weird... but still)

imagine if it was little old me that somehow was able to view the hole cards... not an employee... not affiliated with them in any way shape or form... imagine if i, some random online player, somehow cheated customers out of $800,000 and got caught... i guess they would just ban my account and leave it alone past that? yeah right... im sure id be sitting in jail right now

this statement is just another in a series of very convenient truths

feels like they carefully took note of what the community knew... and proceeded to weave the 'truth' around that information.... well played AP... NH

hopefully soon they make the same bluff and run head first into the nuts
Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Cruzincat Cruzincat is offline

Location: Maryland

[ QUOTE ]

I must have missed a thread somewhere...he walked or got the axe?

[/ QUOTE ]
More likely a tomahawk!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 PM
N 82 50 24 N 82 50 24 is offline

Location: thepokerdb

[ QUOTE ]
Why has AP insisted that Nat sign an NDA saying he cannot reveal who was using account #363? WTF?

Is it possibly anything to do with the fact that account 363 was being used from Scott Tom's home IP address...?

The cover-up has become worse than the offence. Deleted hand histories, press releases so full of lies they hurt your eyes to read, and all because AP is still protecting the people (yes, plural) who, it claims, swindled the company out of $1.6m.

Bullsh*t.

(BTW, Nat - any information you had already heard, from any source, whether you knew it to be correct or not at the time, is NOT covered by the NDA.)

[/ QUOTE ]
LuckyMux,

I appreciate your efforts in this whole thing, but I am bothered by your lacking of reading comprehension here. That is not what I said about #363. It has nothing to do with who was using it or what the name was on the account, but simply which account name was connected to #363.

Please be more careful in the future about stuff like this.

-Nat