Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 12:49 AM

Default Interpreting preflop charts in SSHE

Hey, first post. I'm just learning the game and want to be sure I understand the PF charts. Now I know that they're just guidelines, but at the same time they are specific hand recommendations. So based purely on the logic of the charts--

Loose, late position, raiser + 2 callers are in the pot. Do you call with any pocket pair?

Loose, BB, vs a raise. Do you call with 53s?

What are you "supposed" to do vs raise & reraise from the blinds?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Interpreting preflop charts in SSHE

The logic of the charts is that you'll make your own decision whether to play the hand based on the particular circumstances in that specific situation.

You can call with any pair after a preflop raiser and 2 callers in most games, however if the game is agressive you might want to fold the smallest pairs if its likely it could be three bet.

The 53s vs a raise all depends on the situation. How many are in the pot. Where did the raise come from and so on.

As for the play in the blind it also depends a lot on other factors. A raise and a reraise from early position is a far different situation than a raise and a reraise from the CO/button.

If you fail to understand these things its probably better to leave the loose chart alone and stick to the tight one until you have gained some experience.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Interpreting preflop charts in SSHE

Thanks for your reply. I don't think you understand my question though. I know that everything is situational. I'm talking about just reading the chart correctly without considering other factors.