Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 08-28-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: I AM IN THE Strip Club Buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you can get girls in nevada for $10 like you can there the Nevada situation would be a lot different.. i also dont know of any actual brothels in vegas
Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: I AM IN THE Strip Club Buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
if you can get girls in nevada for $10 like you can there the Nevada situation would be a lot different.. i also dont know of any actual brothels in vegas

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

I'd still imagine people would go to strip clubs for fun. I reckon that's why some dudes go to strip clubs and blow thousands... cause it's fun
Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Anyone In The Strip Club Buisness?

Even if your sex product proved viable, which is speculative, I think your main problem would be Protection. You would need to make the right Connections. Even if you could make them it's likely the "partners" you end up with would consider it their duty to rip you off. If you were able to bring business into the place that they can't they might let you keep running it while they take the bulk of the profits. Otherwise, they will just take over and dispose of your body in the most convenient way. Your only hope for success is to make some very good friends there. If you don't have a talent for that, forget about it.

PairTheBoard
Old 08-28-2007, 01:30 PM

OP,

It sounds like the general consensus here is that running a legit business over there could be a lot different than here. Maybe its not even possible. Forget about strip clubs for a bit, and try to meet any white man running any kind of business over there. That would be a good place to start.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

It sounds like the general consensus here is that running a legit business over there could be a lot different than here. Maybe its not even possible. Forget about strip clubs for a bit, and try to meet any white man running any kind of business over there. That would be a good place to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes a lot of sense
Old 08-29-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

[/ QUOTE ]

I met a Canadian girl working in a cafe she owned near the river in PP (I think it was above the foreign correspondent's club, which was closed and being refurbished the last time I was there). She hadn't long been in business but had to pay 'taxes' to the police. These taxes were just an accepted part of doing business over there and were very normal. I imagine those taxes helped prevent her business suffering from fire, theft, and the like. Her cafe was prohibitively expensive to locals (and to me since I was traveling on a shoestring at the time) but she paid her staff and treated then well. She was also a very likeable person and someone who you couldn't have a grudge or a problem with. She often dined with influential people (important connections) such as embassy staff and always gave the police (and their lady friend(s)) free food and drinks whenever they swung by.

Your behaviour and friends/contacts go further than the legitimacy of what you do in many Asian countries. It doesn't matter so much if you're a professional lolly-pop robber or you give all your profits to land-mine victims. Who you know and how you behave is so important in Asia - and I imagine even more so in impoverished and/or corrupt states.