Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM

Default PHE vs PNLHE

With the release for Professional NL vol. 1 nearing, and Daniel working on Power Holdem for over a year with other pros, i was wondering...

Which book are you guys more excited for and why? What are your expectations for each?

I wasn't really impressed with DN's first book, but i have my fingers crossed for Power Holdem. If he has the right set of people writting chapters, it could be amazing.

I think that Pro NL vol. 1 is going to be great. It's going to break new ground i think, and while he isnt playing as big of a role as the other 2, Ed has a good track record so far.

thoughts?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: PHE vs PNLHE

I am more excited about Professional NL, because I am much more confident that it will actually be released.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the release for Professional NL vol. 1 nearing, and Daniel working on Power Holdem for over a year with other pros, i was wondering...

Which book are you guys more excited for and why? What are your expectations for each?

I wasn't really impressed with DN's first book, but i have my fingers crossed for Power Holdem. If he has the right set of people writting chapters, it could be amazing.

I think that Pro NL vol. 1 is going to be great. It's going to break new ground i think, and while he isnt playing as big of a role as the other 2, Ed has a good track record so far.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel's book is for tournament play that is supposed to cover winning the large buy-in, well-structured tournaments using his small-ball strategy.

Profess. NLHE, vol. 1 is aimed at cash games.

As for my opinion, I'm excited for both, but PNLHE, vol 1 more as I play more cash games than tournaments.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am more excited about Professional NL, because I am much more confident that it will actually be released.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel's book is for tournament play

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't entirely true. Last I heard, Daniel had lined up Todd Brunson to do a section on cash games.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel's book is for tournament play

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't entirely true. Last I heard, Daniel had lined up Todd Brunson to do a section on cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, I somehow missed that in all the discussion. I guess that adds a little to my excitement.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:01 PM

One last time... from my interview with Mr. Negreanu...

[ QUOTE ]
deacsoft: The word has been out for a while now that you have a book in the works. Can you tell us a little about it?

Daniel Negreanu: I plan on writing a few books actually, but the first one will cover hold'em only. The meat of the book will be my finishing chapter. That chapter will go into great detail on how to play "small ball". “Small ball” is an approach that is used amongst virtually every successful tournament player out there today. The theme behind it is simple: how to accumulate a large stack of chips without taking any big risks.

deacsoft: It has been said that other authors will have a hand in writing it. Can you give us an idea of who those other authors are?

Daniel Negreanu: There will be specific chapters regarding a wide variety of aspects to hold'em. Todd Brunson, for example, will be covering no limit hold'em cash game strategy, while Carlos Mortensen will discuss Bluffing. Also contributing chapters will be the likes of Evelyn Ng, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi, Tuan Le, David Williams, Josh Arieh, and Erick Lindgren.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One last time... from my interview with Mr. Negreanu...

[ QUOTE ]
deacsoft: The word has been out for a while now that you have a book in the works. Can you tell us a little about it?

Daniel Negreanu: I plan on writing a few books actually, but the first one will cover hold'em only. The meat of the book will be my finishing chapter. That chapter will go into great detail on how to play "small ball". “Small ball” is an approach that is used amongst virtually every successful tournament player out there today. The theme behind it is simple: how to accumulate a large stack of chips without taking any big risks.

deacsoft: It has been said that other authors will have a hand in writing it. Can you give us an idea of who those other authors are?

Daniel Negreanu: There will be specific chapters regarding a wide variety of aspects to hold'em. Todd Brunson, for example, will be covering no limit hold'em cash game strategy, while Carlos Mortensen will discuss Bluffing. Also contributing chapters will be the likes of Evelyn Ng, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi, Tuan Le, David Williams, Josh Arieh, and Erick Lindgren.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interview read and officially committed to memory.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:49 PM

im still wondering what chapter Evelyn is writting
Old 04-13-2007, 01:33 PM

From what i hear evelyn isnt a great poker player. Maybe she will teach you how to win by distracting your opponents with good looks.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im still wondering what chapter Evelyn is writting

[/ QUOTE ]

the one on coping with losses