Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I let him back into the dorm?
Yeah, let him back in 32 25.60%
No, keep him out for his own good 74 59.20%
Show me the results 19 15.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Chicken Wings Poll

[ QUOTE ]
False advertising FTL. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no buffalo in my buffalo wings. What's the deal?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 PM

EDIT: I'm dumb
Old 08-28-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daryn et al,

This thread made me go to Wings Over (Somerville) tonight. the wings are good, but not great. they aren't crispy enough (I don't like the consistency of 'mushy' chicken) and also they are breaded, which is << not breaded. it's basically your run of the mill decent Wing place.

check out Buff's, it's the closest thing you'll find in Boston to real upstate NY wings.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i will check it out and give an honest opinion. what do you recommend i get there? like i said i'm more into flavors then buffalo but i can appreciate a good wing regardless.

p.s. i went to the one in brookline today [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On an even more serious note about the how they don't name wings properly, ordering hot wings gets you both wings and drumsticks a lot of places. Since a drumstick is not a wing, is a random chicken meat "wing" a huge shock?

[/ QUOTE ]

you know that a "drumstick" as we're calling them in this thread is really just half of a wing, right? the two piece is the other half.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 PM

DK Sr.,

You just got darowned. That's what you get for that stupid buffalo joke. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BTW Nick B. those looked pretty damn good.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daryn et al,

This thread made me go to Wings Over (Somerville) tonight. the wings are good, but not great. they aren't crispy enough (I don't like the consistency of 'mushy' chicken) and also they are breaded, which is << not breaded. it's basically your run of the mill decent Wing place.

check out Buff's, it's the closest thing you'll find in Boston to real upstate NY wings.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i will check it out and give an honest opinion. what do you recommend i get there? like i said i'm more into flavors then buffalo but i can appreciate a good wing regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah well Buffs only has 2 flavors: traditional Buffalo, and honey-hot. Wings Over obv. is much different in this regard.

at Buffs, go with Buffalo Hot.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daryn et al,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ah well Buffs only has 2 flavors: traditional Buffalo, and honey-hot. Wings Over obv. is much different in this regard.

at Buffs, go with Buffalo Hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll be hitting this up tomorrow for late lunch. I'll try to take some pics if I can remember and write up a short review. THen I'll have to hit Wings tomorrow to compare.

I love wings. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 08:43 PM

There was a place in Kirksville, MO where I went to college that used to have free baskets of wings on Wed. night. They were crispy/dry rubbed, spicy as hell, and all drummies - with the all important little nubbin of flesh hanging off the big end of the drummy. It was total pandemonium. People would get in fights when a new round of baskets came out of the kitchen. They finally started charging a buck a basket and it was still crazy.

Your mouth would be on fire so you'd drink a ton of beer, which would numb your stomach to how full you were, so you'd eat another basket, which would set your mouth on fire again, etc. etc.

I'd give anything for a place around here that makes wings like that. I went back about 5 years after college and all I could think about was getting some. They had the same old runny frozen wings all bars have. I was crushed.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, "BBQ" should encompass all choices of heat, since I guess you can get BBQ mild-medium-hot, but it's still too much of a one-off to make its own category IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this after selecting "other." My favorite flavor is hot honey bbg.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 PM

I'm surprised Wings Over is getting so much love. There's a Wings Over Happy Valley (Penn State) and it was mediocre; only ate there once or twice in four years.

Anyone else ever been to Quaker Steak & Lube? Dumb name for a restaurant, I know, but they have excellent wings.