Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Living with someone post breakup

[ QUOTE ]
make her something on the lathe as a peace offering

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave my last girlfriend the lathe we owned together. So sadly, this is not an option
Old 06-13-2007, 06:38 PM

In a possible act of of insanity...I decided to take her back this morning on the condition a lot of things change. She promised me the world and I told her I'm only going to if things change. Worst case scenario she is better for a week or so and if things go back to the way they were, she is done with class and can leave right away.

Commence with the flaming!

(thanks to anyone that gave advice)
Old 06-13-2007, 07:00 PM

Wow, no one asked for pictures?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, no one asked for pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was surprised myself to be honest.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then.

You're an idiot. You can't change people. You're going to get hurt and that's basically it. Enjoy your stays.

P.S. Pics, as somebody else suggested, please.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a possible act of of insanity...I decided to take her back this morning on the condition a lot of things change. She promised me the world and I told her I'm only going to if things change. Worst case scenario she is better for a week or so and if things go back to the way they were, she is done with class and can leave right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know her, I don't know anything about your relationship, and your OP was a little long and on my ghetto computer at home the Rickroll MSPaint, while genius, screwed up the alignment of my 17" monitor (I miss my 204b....)

Either way, if you guys do RE-breakup, which is highly possible now that the first one is out of the way, be a man this time. You sleep in your bed. You keep your stuff that your name is on the bill for. If she wants to bail on the apartment, that's fine as long as her rent is in on time.

You basically don't seem to have stood up for yourself as much as you should have this time. I've been there, I've let the girl have the say in the situation and she never respected me again. Good for you getting back together, especially if she was a drunken mess this past weekend, but now you've got a second chance to be a man if things go sour again. Also, are you prepared to drop her if "things" don't "change"? If not, you probably shouldn't have gotten back with her.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then.

You're an idiot. You can't change people. You're going to get hurt and that's basically it. Enjoy your stays.

P.S. Pics, as somebody else suggested, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say I was going to change her. She offered to change. If she doesn't, we still break up but at least we were on good terms for a few more days making it closer to when she can leave. If she was going to be here for 2 more weeks anyway....
Old 06-14-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know her, I don't know anything about your relationship, and your OP was a little long and on my ghetto computer at home the Rickroll MSPaint, while genius, screwed up the alignment of my 17" monitor (I miss my 204b....)

Either way, if you guys do RE-breakup, which is highly possible now that the first one is out of the way, be a man this time. You sleep in your bed. You keep your stuff that your name is on the bill for. If she wants to bail on the apartment, that's fine as long as her rent is in on time.

You basically don't seem to have stood up for yourself as much as you should have this time. I've been there, I've let the girl have the say in the situation and she never respected me again. Good for you getting back together, especially if she was a drunken mess this past weekend, but now you've got a second chance to be a man if things go sour again. Also, are you prepared to drop her if "things" don't "change"? If not, you probably shouldn't have gotten back with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're on the same page.