Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Advanced Limit Holdem Strategy by Barry Tanenbaum

Hi. Thanks to those who participated in this thread.

Allow me to provide some facts:

1. I am the sole author of Advanced Limit Hold'em Strategy.
2. Terry Borer and Lawrence Mak, two experts in short-handed limit hold'em, who the short-handed book. I "collaborated" in that I read all of the words, commented extensively on the book, layout, poker logic, and totality of the advice. I spend a great many hours on it. Larry, Terry, and I think this book will set a standard or short-haded play, and many players will learn quite a bit.
3. I have played many hours of short-handed play on-line, and have coached dozens of short-handed players. Currently, I am mostly playing heads-up NL SnG's on Stars, with a little SH and a bit of HORSE. I do it for amusement, to kill some time, and because it is fun. I am doing extremely well at the heads-up games, and OK at the others.
4. I no longer play 5 nights a week. I became ill in January and have not fully recovered. I play once or twice a week, and spend the rest of my "playing time" working on the books. Mine will be sent to the publisher in a couple of weeks (the SH book is already there).
5. I do not now and never have made 2 BB/hr, though I wish I did. Last year I made $110 per hour at $30-$60, but it was my best year. In my seven pro years, I have never made less than $60 per hour in any year, and my hourly has increased every year but one. Now that Bellagio is spreading $60-$120 more routinely, I am playing that game more.
6. Some of my past columns will appear in my book, but much will be new unpublished material.
7. After publication, both books will have their own forums in the forum area of my own website, www.barrytanenbaum.com. I will also stop by here to answer questions if I can.

Thanks to those who enjoy my CardPlayer columns. I try hard to write things that have not been covered before, at least in the depth I cover it. I am delighted so many people follow them.

-barryt