Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Default NL600 TP in river trouble

6-handed table. My image very LAG. Villain semifish but not totally wasted. He is getting fed up with my constant 3-bets pre and aggro game.

Villain UTG, 389 stack.
Hero CO, 1370 stack.

Hero has K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG Fi Call 6$
UTG+1 fold
Hero raise to 27$
Button fold
SB fold
BB fold
Villain CALL
POTT 63$

FLOP 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain check
Hero bet 45$
Villain call
POT 153$

TURN 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain check
Hero check
POT 153$

RIVER 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bet 153$
Hero ??????

Fold is pretty standard here i guess. I dont think Villain bluffs 1 times in 3 in such board, or bets out worse King or something like TT.

Would like some comments on turn check also. Many would bet the turn, but I belive it is very bad betting that turn.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: NL600 TP in river trouble

id like to hear why you think its bad to bet the turn here. if it was K95r id agree with checking and a FD makes up a marginal % of his range id say but i think its enough to charge him to draw/gain value out of worse kings. i may be way off here and if i am id love to know.

id call river as played
Old 11-29-2007, 07:34 PM

Hmm Flush beats you, and 9 beats you. We can safely say doesn't have AK because he limped UTG prior to your preflop raise.

He checked on the flop so we can probably say he doesn't have a KJ, KT.

He called your flop bet so unless he's trying an OOP float or something crazy like that we can nail it down to a 9 or a flush draw, possibly a pocket pair.

So either he has a Flsuh draw that made it on the riv or maybe a 9 that turned trips (which he tried to C/R on the turn). Pocket pair I would think he would just check the river trying to show down.

I don't see how he could have air here. Fold.

Or is he just a huge fish that would call the flop bet with air?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:37 PM

Bet turn, fold river
Old 11-29-2007, 07:39 PM

Given how you described your opponent - semi-fish, I would absolutely bet the turn, around $80. Against a TAG or tricky lag I love the check behind here for pot control.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:27 PM

Well about turn check.
Villain check-calls pre, and check-calls flop. Logically he must have a draw, King, Nine, or some PP. He could also have two pairs, set or AK. I mean AK is not likely but not impossible.

Anyway, on turn if i bet:
- Draw will fold and i lose value vs it, or checkraise with a combodraw and then i have to fold the best hand sometimes.
- 9 checkraises probably, maybe even better K.
- Weaker K probably doesnt pay a bet on turn, neither something like TT. And even if they pay turn bet, probably they wount pay river bet, if we bet river after being called twice on this board. So anyway, we probably wount get more than one bet paid, and chances are bigger to get paid on river bet than turn bet.
- Chances of being outdrawn, even by draw, are small and if villain misses a draw, we can extract extra value on possible river bluff from him.

Anyway all considered, I belive turn check in this spot is better than turn bet.