Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 01:15 PM

Default 10NL - Axs in SB hits Ace, how do you play these?

Guy was something like 74/26/3 after ~250 hands. Loves to to play a lot of hands cheaply, and is otherwise a decent player.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($4.52)
MP ($11.57)
CO ($12.05)
Button ($4.15)
Hero ($9.90)
BB ($12.63)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.10, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.3</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.90) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.9</font>, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($2.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

Final Pot: $4.70

I know my line was probably horrendous here, and I'm having trouble playing these Axs in the SB.

I don't want to lead out on the flop since generally, the only hands that will call are better aces. At the same time, if I don't I run into situations like these.

How do you guys play in this situation?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Axs in SB hits Ace, how do you play these?

I think you need to raise either the flop or the turn to see where you are. Gives you a better idea of where you both are, and if he calls the raise you know to give it up.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 PM

I usually lead this flop - any J, 2, a worse ace, flush draw, and straight draws are calling. If you are going to check, a c/r is good here as well, since he can be leading with bottom/mid-pair, flush draw, underpair, etc. As played you have no idea where you are in the hand, leading or c/r flop or even turn would have defined your hand better against his range.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:26 PM

against this villain your fine here. Loose/Aggro villain, let them bluff into you. Turn pot bet scares me since I expect a bigger river bet, but against this guy you're OK often enough.

In general - I'm taking a little time before I make my decision on the flop and trying to put a quick plan together based on villains and texture. This flop I'm either just giving up on or I might fire a PSB and give up after that (especially if turn is bad). Pot is small, board is draw-heavy - tons of RIO here -- against normal villain, dump and move on to the next.

TURN : against any non crazy villain, I'm ck/folding that turn card every time. You are now drawing and hoping split.

~FishNChips