Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Another AA hand

This AA hand is also from the same 2+2er who PMed me.

"CO's normal enough."

Preflop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO raises, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls, CO caps, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (13SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, CO 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Another AA hand

I think he played this one well. I can't find a fold and getting raised on that turn = me vomiting.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:15 AM

He shouldn't have JJ/TT here much, and he should be able to fold it if we lead. That mostly leaves AQ we lose value from, but that should be discounted, not everyone caps it PF. Even without discounting it's 6 combos of AQ vs 6 combos of KK/QQ.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:16 AM

Flop in this one is better IMO.

When Hero raise the flop, Co should put him on AQ, and 88+ or so with positive probability. Of course he should think that AA is more likely than 88.

However, this means that he can 3-bet AQ and KK. So i dont mind the flop cap.

Turn is worse tho. c/c c/c is asking to get owned. I'd rather b/c down
Old 10-13-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c c/c is asking to get owned. I'd rather b/c down

[/ QUOTE ]

can you name one hand for which b/c turn is better than c/c turn? cause I can't. tons the other way around though.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:35 AM

EDIT:

AQ and less

EDIT:

What worse hand do you think he is betting twice? Unless he is retarded I cant see how hero doesnt loose 1BB on the river when he c/c c/c
Old 10-13-2007, 11:53 AM

meh you're right oink

this is a really sick spot. when he raises we're basically hoping there's a ~5% chance he's a severe retard
Old 10-13-2007, 11:57 AM

Oink is probably right, I just hate this spot sooo much. I can't fold but if we're raised on the turn here we beat nothing but A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and for villain to raise this means he's not all that normal.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh you're right oink

this is a really sick spot. when he raises we're basically hoping there's a ~5% chance he's a severe retard

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to be fair I didnt mean that b/c down was the best option.

isnt this b/f or b/c c/f depending on whether we think he might make a stupid FSD raise?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT:

AQ and less

EDIT:

What worse hand do you think he is betting twice? Unless he is retarded I cant see how hero doesnt loose 1BB on the river when he c/c c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

oink,
i don't see your logic here. first of all, if it's true that we lose 1BB on the river in the c/c c/c line this in no way justifies the b/c line. the only thing it tells us would be that c/c c/f > c/c c/c.

secondly, co doesn't need to be retarded to show our hand down. in fact if co is a perfect opponent who knew that we'd muck our AA he could easily exploit us. it's of course possible that against a perfect opponent always showing down is also wrong. as a game theorist, you probably realize what this means - we need to look him up a certain portion of the time.

thirdly, against a perfect opponent b/c is worse than c/c from basic game theory considerations - simply because we are an underdog to his range, we don't need to protect our hand, and we are not making a bluff. if we bet, the perfect opponent would be able to adjust his bluffing-raising range to make us indifferent to calling down or folding thus losing us (almost) 1BB more compared to the c/c c/c line. therefore, for b/c to be > c/c against this opponent you have to have a special read. what's your read in this case?

now, i'm not saying that b/c is necessarily worse than c/c against this guy, i just think the argument you gave for it doesn't justify it.