Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 11:16 AM

Default Poker Office vs. Poker Tracker

I did a search on the above subject line and did not find exactly what I was looking for, so if there is a thread that explains the advantages and disadvantages of the programs, I'd greatly appreciate the link. Anyway, I picked up Poker Office for free (well sort of) through an Empire promotion. Now they have released Poker Office 2. While some of the upgrades look cool, I am worried that there will be a PO3, PO4, PO140 that they are going to want to charge to upgrade to every time. I am curious if Poker Tracker does the same thing. I realize that PT is recognized by most users of this forum to be the elite software of its kind, so I'm wondering if I should ditch Poker Office and just go for Poker Tracker. Any comments on the two would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Poker Office vs. Poker Tracker

I know this isn't what your looking for, but I think if you already have a license for PO1, you can sign up for a new account at Nobel Poker and get a free upgrade to PO2 with out even being required to play any hands. Thats the way I understand it anyway.

I also believe that Poker Tracker did make users pay to upgrade from version 1 to version 2. But that was before I owned the software so I can't give you any details on if that situation was handled any better than the PO2 situation.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:55 PM

Pokeroffice (2.0)advantages: Much easier to use than pokertracker, has more features already built in like a table overlay display, hand replayer and more. Overall much sleeker and better designed than pokertraker.

Pokertracker advatage: Supports many more sites than Pokeroffice at the moment.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:21 PM

Here's the link to the Great PO v. PT Debate

I only have PT (and am still finding my way around it [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]) so I can't weigh in.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:56 PM

I am reviewing Poker Tracker now and no doubt it is an excellent piece of software.

As for the version rush question. I don't believe this is the case. I think the folks at Poker Office have released a significantly improved product hence the new version and associated charge to upgrade.

There are advantages to Poker Tracker being that they support so many more sites and unless I am missing something you can inport the Poker Tracker data into Poker Office so you have the additional info available within Poker Office as well. I have not tried this yet but will soon as I am running a trial version of Poker Tracker before dropping the purchase funds to acquire it.

It would seem to me that Poker Office is representing the wave of future online tracking and HUD implementations. I can't wait for them to bring on the other major sites to complete the suite of supported venues.

Although I am not happy with some aspects of the Poker Tracker team I do think the product is worthy of merit. I also think they need to reach beyond today and into the future as Poker Office has allready done.

Monty
Old 01-06-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the link to the Great PO v. PT Debate

I only have PT (and am still finding my way around it [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]) so I can't weigh in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it matters much I found Poker Office very user friendly and was up and running in no time.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:01 PM

I almost said it before but didn't so now I will.

I am so happy with Poker Office if they came out with a major upgrade of the quality of the last I would jump on it in a heartbeat. It was well worth the price for the package.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:34 PM

I donwloaded the PO2 trial to have a look and can immediately see that the autorate rules don't have stats available like WtSD% and W$SD so you can't flag weak-tighties or calling stations as categories - if it's meant to be better for table selection than using PT + PAHUD that is a big problem right away...

I do like the look of it though (especially the flop analysis tool)and will try it out - looks like if you sign up at Noble Poker or Empire and play a couple of hundred raked hands you get it for free - seems like a win win situation..

that said, if you do want to pay your $79 for it, I can't see a neteller option (which is odd - my poker money is kept separate from my 'real money' and I have a much lower tolerance for poker spending out of neteller than out of the joint account with my wife)
Old 01-06-2006, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I donwloaded the PO2 trial to have a look and can immediately see that the autorate rules don't have stats available like WtSD% and W$SD so you can't flag weak-tighties or calling stations as categories - if it's meant to be better for table selection than using PT + PAHUD that is a big problem right away...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I noticed that immediately as well and brought that to their attention. They'll be adding it in a patch (hopefully soon). You do have flop-turn% and turn-river% which is better than nothing, but I do certainly miss the went to showdown saw flop %....
Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 PM

well I just used it on Noble Poker for about 90 minutes.

I chose Noble Poker as if you sign up thru them once you have played 200 raked hands they give you a registration code for PO2 for free. It also isn't PT compatible so it's a site that using PO2 should give you an advantage at over PT..

Noble Poker is a small site with bad players but is badly in need of standard options like 4 color decks and turning off animations/avatars etc..

I played using PO2 from the off and found the following:
1. There is no HUD overlay for that site for PO2 - so you have to have open separate game-time type windows - that means you can only 2 table even with the mega-res Dell 9300 laptop..

2. The info on players in real time is way behind what PT + PAHUD make available - I had no idea of the CB%, CC%, WtSD%, W$SD% - it was more or less like playing blind - didn't use the window much at all except to check the occasional PFR%

3. It missed some hands somewhere as although I was up overall it showed my as a loser - this is very bad - I don't think I've ever seen PT miss hands like that..

4. It shows stuff like best possible hand out there and some odds that I didn't really look at - my concern would be if these player 'assistant' features breach any TOS of the main sites - has PO2 been cleared for use by Party, Stars etc? (again I chose Noble as I figured it was obviously OK to use there and it isn't one of my main sites either).

All in all I was pretty unexcited by what I saw - I think some of the filters might be quite good for analysing play afterwards (nothing you can't do with PT SQL enquiries but more user friendly) but for real time play my first imporessions are that it is a poor choice compared to PT and PAHUD at the moment..

Nevertheless I will plod on at Noble and get my reg. for PO2 and see if it's better for other sites and if the info displayed about other players improves..