Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: NL 50 After 22k hands AK is my biggest loser. HELP!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Since you challenged me HU for rolls, I made note of your sn in time. I will never reveal it for a better picture of your avatar. Time starts... now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-21-2007, 06:52 PM

Wow dude. Hand 2 made my eyes bleed. I don't really feel like commenting on all of these so some basic remarks will have to suffice.

Raise preflop and 3bet preflop. Other than a limp/reraise at an aggressive table its basically never ok to just limp in with AK. When it is raised to you, 3bet a lot of the time.

Stop minraising. Its just stupid and will put you in bad spots as you've already seen.

Cbet, if you're gonna c/c then just [censored] cbet. At least you can win the pot that way.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you challenged me HU for rolls, I made note of your sn in time. I will never reveal it for a better picture of your avatar. Time starts... now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right-click, view-image may satisfy you, sir.

And for the OP: you generally want the other guy to fold. Calling can't get him to fold, and min-raising is pretty much as bad as calling in this regard.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM

then again, it might make you realize she's actually fugly.

OP, any chance I could convince you to move to stars?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why else would you want my SN other than to take my monies. If you come up with a good enough response I'll give it to you.

[/ QUOTE ] because I like to put stars names to 2+2 names and analyze ppls play in my DB in light of the stuff theyve said on here. Chances of me getting your monies are slim unless you move up as I rarely play NL25 anymore, playing 80% or more at NL50 and NL100

no big deal

also I could give you any notes I have on you in my DB (which I have done for one other person so far on 2+2, who promptly stopped playing as far as I can tell, WTF?)
Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 PM

Wow, there are a lot of strange things going on in your AK playing, I think all of those posts should have given you a clear idea how to improve your play there. I just want to point two things out:
1) Reraising AK, especially IP, is sooo important. You mentionend that PPs will call anyway, but that's just simply wrong. By calling you give those PPs great odds to call, by raising you cut their odds down significantly, and thats what you want. Not to mention the FE you gain by reraising which will improve your CB stats a LOT.
2) Don't draw to a flush on a paired board, except for rare exceptions. That's some basic knowledge which is VERY important, just like not drawing to a straight with a three flush on board.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:04 PM

I think you are playing AK too passively.
- do not limp with AK
- cbet the flop
- 3-bet preflop/flop
- dont minraise
- make your bets/raises larger
Old 09-21-2007, 11:13 PM

nvm the SN, you play on FTP I play on stars. I may meet you on the way up at FTP, but I wont have any hands with you yet.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:46 PM

Just a quick reply for now. Uncle, I agree. This forum is for learning, so people posting "you're terrible" is less than useless.

That being said, from a quick glance, I noticed some things.

1. Continuation betting is fine, but if you raise with AK in position and miss the flop entirely, then someone bets a pot sized bet into you, you really need to fold. I think you can avoid a lot of trouble with this.

2. Continuing with #1, generally, if they bet into you, you don't raise them just because you think they're weak. Sure, you can do this once in awhile based on a read/stats, but in general, I think this is spew.

3. Hand #10 - you have ace high. You played it well up to the river. I like the flop cbet for a fold and to build the pot. Turn, oop, you check and he bet small, giving you good odds. Calling was good. River? Check call with ace high? You can beat practically nothing at that point.

Think of it this way. Betting preflop with AA and KK, and then getting all in on the flop can be dangerous since a lot of the time you get raised/CR, you are against a big hand, like a set, or maybe someone semi-bluffing with a draw. But, you still have an overpair, which makes you a favorite against part of their range, and gives you value at showdown.

In you hands, you have ace high. See the difference? You're almost playing your AK like it's AA/KK, except you've totally missed. Even if he's getting creative with a small pair, or a draw, you are still a big underdog, so fold.

Hope this helps!

friedace