Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: NL 50 After 22k hands AK is my biggest loser. HELP!!!

MY COMMENTS ARE POSTFLOP - In the cases where you limped, that's bad. Let's pretend you raised preflop and move on from there [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] :

hands 2 + 3.... ew. You're trying to push people at microstakes tables out of a pot with nothing. This is spew.

Hands 4&5... great... get it all in here seems fine.

Hand 6 -- fine.

Hand 7 -- probably a fold (with reads you can raise some people but only if you think they're bluffing...) but you don't have to call with AK everytime you miss.

Hand 8 - player dependent

Hand 9 - you got it all in... good.

Hand 10 - You might want to check the flop... if they're going to let you draw to the flush for free, why not take it? I hope you're just calling the river for information?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MY COMMENTS ARE POSTFLOP - In the cases where you limped, that's bad. Let's pretend you raised preflop and move on from there [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] :

hands 2 + 3.... ew. You're trying to push people at microstakes tables out of a pot with nothing. This is spew.

Hands 4&5... great... get it all in here seems fine.

Hand 6 -- fine.

Hand 7 -- probably a fold (with reads you can raise some people but only if you think they're bluffing...) but you don't have to call with AK everytime you miss.

Hand 8 - player dependent

Hand 9 - you got it all in... good.

Hand 10 - You might want to check the flop... if they're going to let you draw to the flush for free, why not take it? I hope you're just calling the river for information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank your for your post. Regarding hand ten, don't you think checking the flop is a bit weak? I think the fold equity warrants a bet here, no? River call was tilty.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Regarding re-raising with AK in position pre-flop. My problem with this play is that at the micro limits every small PP will call. 2/3 of the time the flop is junk, and my c-bet will get called. By then the pot is usually $25 or more, and then to just give up on the turn seems so weak to me.

Am I totally wrong here?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:21 PM

okayyyyy....

Hand 1: 3bet pf. I suppose you got lucky on the river.

Hand 2: B/F flop.

Hand 3: Raise more, or fold.

The rest, whatever, hand 8 is terrible. Also, I think your opponents may be onto your tricky minraises and check-minraises. Also, sample size. Also, thanks for your sn. Unfortunately I have zero HU experience. For the first time, I wish that weren't true.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:22 PM

I find it hard to take this post serious when 3 of the 10 hands you minraised.

Please explain those hands.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:25 PM

This is great! I was totally worried that it was just gonna be a string of coolers and Id just have to give you some sort of "just hang in there" advice, but you played some of those really bad, which means maybe we can help!

Oh yeah, you should give us a rough idea of your stats so we know what peoples perception of you is and what adjustments they minght be making against you.

#1 Dont minraise pf (raise more). dont mincheckraise the flop (raise more), it makes you look weak. If you had any stats against villain we could discuss whether you need to call his shove given how you played the hand. I guess you have to call here.

#2 You need to cont bet this dry flop. Given that you DIDNT cont bet this dry flop, once youve checked and hes bet big, you need to fold. Donking the turn with nothing is horrible and desperate, what kind of hand are you trying to represent?

#3 Large donk bets are usually big hands, let this one go.

#4 played this one fine

#5 Id like to see YOU be the pf raiser here, or CRAI against this guy. Once the flop came you played it fine.

#6 fine

geh, never no how to handle this myself. I hate getting minreraised with AKs. stats would help here a ton. Guess you didnt play it too bad. Folding the flop is probably right though

#8 reraise pf. As played maybe give some thought to flat calling the flop? I dunno, you may have played this one fine.

#9 stop limping this hand in the SB, raise PF. again stats would help. It sucks to flop this big a hand and lose. It sucks bigger to flop this big a hand and have to get away from it, but given the betting theres a decent chance youre up against a straight with insufficient odds. I guess you have to call, wish you had stats.

#10 think about reraising pf. flop was played fine, and Im OK with turn too. Dont call the river.

OK, all done! hope that helped

Im super curious who you are but theres no way I can ask for your SN without making it sound like I jsut want to track you down and steal all your monies. Oh well.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding re-raising with AK in position pre-flop. My problem with this play is that at the micro limits every small PP will call. 2/3 of the time the flop is junk, and my c-bet will get called. By then the pot is usually $25 or more, and then to just give up on the turn seems so weak to me.

Am I totally wrong here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously though... 3-betting pf will make your decisions on later streets easier. And you should reconsider how you've been playing AK postflop in light of the last half of the above quote.

PS Your original question was fine, it's just that there are too many hands. Perhaps you could have described situations where you're having trouble more generally.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:31 PM

Look guys...I understand that I am terrible. That's why I'm posting on this site asking questions. Otherwise why would I be here.

But just to respond...dude you're terrible, doesn't really add anything does it.

Regarding the min-raises. Don't really know what i was thinking. Hoping they would fold I guess. So no more min-raises for me.

Hand 3, I put him on junk and I thought the old min-raise would get him to fold. But I should have just let it go. I'm going to work on just letting AK go when I flop nothing.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is great! I was totally worried that it was just gonna be a string of coolers and Id just have to give you some sort of "just hang in there" advice, but you played some of those really bad, which means maybe we can help!

Oh yeah, you should give us a rough idea of your stats so we know what peoples perception of you is and what adjustments they minght be making against you.

#1 Dont minraise pf (raise more). dont mincheckraise the flop (raise more), it makes you look weak. If you had any stats against villain we could discuss whether you need to call his shove given how you played the hand. I guess you have to call here.

#2 You need to cont bet this dry flop. Given that you DIDNT cont bet this dry flop, once youve checked and hes bet big, you need to fold. Donking the turn with nothing is horrible and desperate, what kind of hand are you trying to represent?

#3 Large donk bets are usually big hands, let this one go.

#4 played this one fine

#5 Id like to see YOU be the pf raiser here, or CRAI against this guy. Once the flop came you played it fine.

#6 fine

geh, never no how to handle this myself. I hate getting minreraised with AKs. stats would help here a ton. Guess you didnt play it too bad. Folding the flop is probably right though

#8 reraise pf. As played maybe give some thought to flat calling the flop? I dunno, you may have played this one fine.

#9 stop limping this hand in the SB, raise PF. again stats would help. It sucks to flop this big a hand and lose. It sucks bigger to flop this big a hand and have to get away from it, but given the betting theres a decent chance youre up against a straight with insufficient odds. I guess you have to call, wish you had stats.

#10 think about reraising pf. flop was played fine, and Im OK with turn too. Dont call the river.

OK, all done! hope that helped

Im super curious who you are but theres no way I can ask for your SN without making it sound like I jsut want to track you down and steal all your monies. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your response. Good info in there.

My screen name was up there in the graph for a second before I realized it, and then I insta changed it. LOL.

Why else would you want my SN other than to take my monies. If you come up with a good enough response I'll give it to you.

My stats are around 15/7/1
Old 09-21-2007, 06:44 PM

Since you challenged me HU for rolls, I made note of your sn in time. I will never reveal it for a better picture of your avatar. Time starts... now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]