Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: PHIL GORDON!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Gordon is the best announcer out there now that Howard Lederer isn't announcing. His willingness to criticize bad play, and even the tournament structure, is the best. And he's got a great sense of humour. I cracked up in the finals when the rookie got knocked out and he said "well the bad news is you got knocked out, the good news is you are going home with her" as the camera lingered on the rookies hot girl friend.

e's the only announcer other than Mike Sexton who's played at high levels (remember Gordon has made the final table in the Main Event). But he should have those teeth filed down.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gabe Kaplan is the best announcer out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-19-2007, 06:30 PM

hes a decent commentator because we don't have to look at him. but i would much rather listen to gabe kaplan, mike sexton or espn guys, because these guys make me laugh. i mean most of us at 2p2 are not going to learn anything by listening to teh commentators so at least make it entertaining.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:37 PM

He's a great player. Phil Hellmuth said so
Old 02-19-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That was the easiest call in history. What a nit, he put kaplan on QUADS!!! I wanted to smack him through the tv.

Another time, I don't remember the hand but he totally incorrectly called out the percentages of a hand on the flop. I wish I could remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabe Kaplan is a noted rock. And maybe Phil was thinking about putting in a raise (and maybe hollywooding to sell it).

Final table, main event. When you join Phil Gordon in getting there, maybe your TV poker level critiques might have a little more validity.

Oh, and one time, he got the math wrong!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 PM

From Wikipedia on Phil Gordon:

"Gordon appeared on the reality dating show Blind Date. When he and his lingerie model date, LeAnna, returned to his touring bus, she suddenly mentioned that she had a hot tub in her home, as if to suggest that they make use of it. Gordon proclaimed that he was "allergic" to Hot Tubs, turning her down."

Case closed. OP is right.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Gordon is the best announcer out there now that Howard Lederer isn't announcing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't watched Poker After Dark. But, Phil Gordon was excellent during last year's PPV broadcast of the World Series of Poker final table. I thought he moved ahead of Lederer at that point.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:42 PM

one time i beat phil hu in a $550+20 HU sng on ftp, the last hand was my k6 > kq all in on a KJ3 flop when i had him down 2-1 at the start of the hand

Phil Gordon (Observer): nice game
WolverineBlues (Observer): Phil he bad beated you
Phil Gordon (Observer): really? I didn't notice
Phil Gordon (Observer): only about 88% to win when the money went in
Phil Gordon (Observer): no biggie
Old 02-19-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That was the easiest call in history. What a nit, he put kaplan on QUADS!!! I wanted to smack him through the tv.

Another time, I don't remember the hand but he totally incorrectly called out the percentages of a hand on the flop. I wish I could remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabe Kaplan is a noted rock. And maybe Phil was thinking about putting in a raise (and maybe hollywooding to sell it).

Final table, main event. When you join Phil Gordon in getting there, maybe your TV poker level critiques might have a little more validity.

Oh, and one time, he got the math wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure if you watched this series of PAD, but kaplan was a hardly a rock. he was the most active player at the table since day 1. anyways, on the hand kaplan makes a small bluff on the river vs. phil who is holding the 2nd nuts. he can only lose to quads. the river bet by kaplan was small compared to the pot and both of their respective stacks. still phil gordon was severly stressed out and it took him a few minutes to make a call that was that was totally standard.

and according to your logic since gordon had more final table appearances than me, i am not allowed to have an opinion. if that is the case 99% of us should never criticize a pro's play. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Wikipedia on Phil Gordon:

"Gordon appeared on the reality dating show Blind Date. When he and his lingerie model date, LeAnna, returned to his touring bus, she suddenly mentioned that she had a hot tub in her home, as if to suggest that they make use of it. Gordon proclaimed that he was "allergic" to Hot Tubs, turning her down."

Case closed. OP is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] that is too funny. is this the definition of a douche?