Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Default 0.5/1 TPTK in big multiway pot

raise the turn?

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 4 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(8.75:1)</font>, Button calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.75BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(11.75:1)</font>, Button folds.

Results:
Final pot: 12.75BB
Old 03-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: 0.5/1 TPTK in big multiway pot

i usually raise the turn with the guy in the middle and the guy behind, utg often doesnt take this line with a better hand but u played this hand fine also probably
Old 03-24-2007, 02:46 PM

this is a similar hand:

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(11:1)</font>, SB folds.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(13:1)</font>.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:49 PM

BB 3bet here is less often a worse K than two pair or a set so I would just start calling down until I improved. Sb in there may mean we have greater than a third equity but id just call. If i capped the flop and BB didnt donk, id be very tempted to not bet the turn but am not sure i could make myself do it.

as played u still gotta showdown.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:51 PM

If I just call the 3bet, can I raise the turn then?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:52 PM

I raise the turn virtually every time in this situation. You're most likely ahead, and the pot is getting big. IMO this is a value raise, and you might even protect by forcing button to fold the turn.
If you're up against a monster, its gonna cost, but the majority of the time you're ahead or drawing to a few outs.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the turn virtually every time in this situation. You're most likely ahead, and the pot is getting big. IMO this is a value raise, and you might even protect by forcing button to fold the turn.
If you're up against a monster, its gonna cost, but the majority of the time you're ahead or drawing to a few outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is for the first hand I take it?

If I just call the 3bet, can I raise the turn then?

this is for the 2nd hand rite? I wouldnt raise the turn UI even if I didnt cap the flop, ur not doing any better against his range really (except now there are 2 less combos of 33). If u have a read he slowplays big hands and bet 3bets TPs often sure go ahead, but other than that u really dont need to worry a ton about protecting ur hand vs sb since ur fd cuts into his equity, so the raise would have to be for value which I dont think u are far enough ahead of his range to risk putting in more bets I think? That could be a bit nitty on my part i duno.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:17 PM

fist hand yo have to raise the Turn

first hand i dont cap the flop and just calldown if i dont improve
Old 03-24-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is for the first hand I take it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Didnt notice he posted another one before I replied. Guess I type slowly.

2nd hand you've got a monster draw and a possible best hand from the flop. I'd just call his 3-bet on the flop. Capping doesnt really do anything but bloat the pot even more. TPGK is a lot more vulnerable than in the previous hand, so I'd just call down if I dont improve. Might be weak, but I dont see that you're ahead often enough to raise the turn.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:55 PM

In a decent sized pot and two other players inthere I raise this turn.