Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 12:07 PM

Default 5NL: did i have +EV with KQs or was it just a rubbish move?

I played this hand a few nights ago and can't really decide if I did the right thing or if i was well off. Does it have +EV - any feedback would be appreciated.

Pokerstars, $0.01/0.02 NL, 8 handed.

BTN: $0.54
SB: $0.96
BB: $3.63
UTG: $4.98
Hero (UTG+1): $9.39
MP1: $2.31
MP2: $3.24
CO: $3.38

Preflop: Hero K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG raises to $0.10, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG raises to $0.40, everyone else calls.

Flop ($2.01): Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
BB raises $0.08, UTG raises to $0.32, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG raises to $4.58 (all-in), Hero and BB call.

Total pot $18.83
Old 11-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: 5NL: did i have +EV with KQs or was it just a rubbish move?

Preflop I would just fold the first time around in early position to the UTG raise. I'd probably fold the second time around as well to the 4bet since it looks likely to end up all in preflop.

As played on the flop, I guess you saw the flop to gamble and this is a good flop for that. UTG has QQ-AA. Not sure about BB. With the 3 way all in you're surely an underdog when the money goes in on the flop but you probably have some outs to win a huge pot so call.

The flop reraise is probably wrong as it is most likely to just get you heads up and all in against UTG who has QQ-AA. Probably better to just call UTGs flop raise with pot odds and hope BB and some more people overcall.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:57 PM

*GRUNCH*
I fold KQs preflop in EP, especially to an UTG raise.

Flop: I just call the UTG raise as a PF 4bet is QQ+ at 2NL, none of which you beat right now. He's giving you great odds to hit your draw. He's probably one of these players that think that bet sizing strength is in terms of how may BB their bet is rather than the size of the pot so 0.32 is probably a sign of strength to him (can't figure out why else he would bet so little).

As played, you're getting ~4.5:1 when UTG goes AI even before BB calls, so yeah you have to call.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:50 PM

Fold pre-flop. I wouldn't mind a call from a later position though.

From my experience at NL5 (with .04BB if it matters) pushing draws is not too good, since you have very little fold equity and the people will stack of if you hit, so you might as well take the cheap cards and push river and still expect to be called often.