Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 11-26-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm, how is flirting detrimental to the village? Educate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, for real i dont want this to turn into a big issue, but heres why i think it *can* be.

it enables wolves to make posts without having to worry they might slip up. thus their posting style becomes more relaxed and more closely resembles a villager. esp if a wolf has trouble mimicking villager thought processes, this helps them blend in easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

It gives more space for them to not sound villagey too, epi. I think that at worst that cuts both ways.

[ QUOTE ]
it bloats the thread making future rereading more of a pain and less likely to be done thoroughly, and well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take my hat off to anyone who intends to reread this entire thread later in the game.

[ QUOTE ]
it enables wolves to come up with excuses for voting off villagers. "well the other wagon was kristie, and we needed to keep her around LOL", and everyone laughs and agrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then lynches the wolf on the basis that his reason for voting was so lame.

Or at least I do. That's exactly where I look for tells.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luckay lynches villagers for kicks, just because he can. Dusting FPSes so much that no one can read him, which is rubbish for the village. LC is just too cryptic to be of any use to anyone. It's not comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]
None of this is true, btw (except the one about me, perhaps 2-3 months ago), but y'know, that's cuz I was (to be completely arrogant) far, far better at this [censored] than I am right now.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad votes:
antidan
drzen
epicurus
kokiri
lastchance
luckayluck
mdorand

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously this is what I am talking about. This is faked. No conversation Durron and I have either in this thread or outside of it will ever convince me that this is anything more than some names pulled out of Durron's ass. I would much rather people make one strong case for a wolf or villager than string together a bunch of names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zen -- I am quoting this because I too agree with Books.. maybe I just wasn't very articulate. I'm not sure we necessarily disagree.

It's more effective for people to come in and say "my villagers are xxx and xxx".
Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 PM

ok, back to non controversial subjects like who to lynch.
count, anyone?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cin, you misunderstand me. I have no intention of lynching you for kicks. I do think that certain players will be allowing the two of you a lot more leeway than they might allow others. I intend to allow you the same leeway I give to others. That's all.

Btw, it is early yet, but what's with the me votes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I was trying for a reaction. And you sound genuine enough. So I'm not changing my vote to you. I think all that may have sparked some good dialog. It'll be interesting for me to catch up and see who has defened you.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I may lynch Kristie or Cin on principle this game if I think they are getting a free pass. LC and I are strangely on the same wavelength. The flirting doesn't weird me out, except to the extent that I assume everyone on the internet is a dude until proven otherwise. It is more that I can see one or both of them float four or five days on flirtation alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, well... that takes research. However, I did go to bgg.con and I'm in some pics posted by other users from the con... but quick search probably could have told you that. Anyway, flirting is just in my nature... it doesn't bother my husband, why does it bother you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, in keeping with the professorial bit. Flirting doesn't bother me at all. I believe that everyone should be put under pressure at some point. I lynch people only because I think they are evil. I want everyone to be under pressure at some point. If you are a villager it shouldn't matter one way or the other to you, if you are evil and planning to skate on charm, then I will give a shot at foiling that.

Btw. the internet=dude comment was a joke. POG is proud of being the only forum with a greater than 1% male/female ratio.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad votes:
antidan
drzen
epicurus
kokiri
lastchance
luckayluck
mdorand

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously this is what I am talking about. This is faked. No conversation Durron and I have either in this thread or outside of it will ever convince me that this is anything more than some names pulled out of Durron's ass. I would much rather people make one strong case for a wolf or villager than string together a bunch of names.

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad

I will have more to say after Durron posts again in regards to the Books post.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luckay lynches villagers for kicks, just because he can. Dusting FPSes so much that no one can read him, which is rubbish for the village. LC is just too cryptic to be of any use to anyone. It's not comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]
None of this is true, btw (except the one about me, perhaps 2-3 months ago), but y'know, that's cuz I was (to be completely arrogant) far, far better at this [censored] than I am right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've played two long games with Luckay. He basically wagoned villagers both times. He's very good at it. I find Dusting very hard to read because he fancies it up so much. YMMV. And i personally find you a bit cryptic. It's my view that being hard to read is a bad, bad thing for a villager, and I have no idea why villagers would do it.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IOW,

All's fair in love and werewolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i.e. the read i have on VR would not work on a lot of other people

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming you're not evil, it's not working so terribly well on me at this particular time.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was your exact reaction in the last two games where I nailed you