Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Skip Bayless is a douchebag

Oh, I found your analysis in the SEA/WAS game thread in the SB Forum. Let's see...

[ QUOTE ]
Niners, Niners, Rams, Rams, Cards, Cards, Texans, Titans -- games against division II teams don't count

[/ QUOTE ]

There are legitimate reasons for discounting certain games in an analysis, such as an injury to a key player (see: Tommy Maddox) or how long ago a game was (outcomes of games from weeks 1-5 don't have much to do with outcomes of games right now). However, performance against bad teams is just as important as performance against good teams in predicting future outcomes.

[ QUOTE ]
Indy -- Seattle would not have won if Indy had cared

[/ QUOTE ]

Seattle dominated Indy's OL just like SD and PIT did, and they shut down Edgerrin James pretty effectively. Or did Edgerrin James not care?

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas, NY Giants -- flukes; Seattle should have lost both

[/ QUOTE ]

Seattle did not have their starting wide receiver in any game, and they didn't even have their #2 in the Dallas game. Darrell Jackson against the tough Washington defense? 9 catchers for 143 yards.

Furthermore, everyone seems to forget the questionable calls on two New York Giant touchdowns. The game probably should have never made it to overtime.

[ QUOTE ]
Philly -- Philly was completely done by that point

[/ QUOTE ]

And they got baked by 42 points. The same team took the Giants to OT, beat St. Louis, and lead Washington in the fourth quarter. However, they were completely done by that point, so beating them by 42 is not impressive in the slightest.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skip Bayless

[/ QUOTE ]

edit:
Old 01-20-2006, 09:58 PM

14-3
Old 01-21-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is obviously just written to get a reaction from Seahawk fans, which is just plain lazy writing. The guy has been, is, and always will be a hack. He is nipping on Rick Reilly's heels for the Doucheiest Sportswriter title.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like Skip Bayless, but I don't know why you took this article so personally. He criticized my team stick his head on a pike. Also I think Rick Reilly was gotten too preachy, but I don't think that makes him douchy.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:31 PM

Did you read the article? This wasn't a criticism, this was an out and out hack job. "Don't let Shaun Alexander play in my Super Bowl"? What the [censored] is that? He accuses Alexdander of FAKING A CONCUSSION?

Oh, and this is laughable.

[ QUOTE ]
Give me my tough, smart little overachiever, Nick Goings. Little? Heck, he weighs 225 pounds. Last season he had five 100-plus-yard games -- three of them on 30-plus carries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, awesome, Nick Goings had five 100-yard games... but he averaged less than 4 yards a carry in 3 of them! Nick is 6-0 225 an averages 3.6 ypc. Nick is in no way little or an overachiever. I'm not sure whether or not he's smart, but the guy does have immaculate eyebrows.

He gives little credit to the Seahawks for having one of the best run defenses in the league. You think since he has an orgasm everytime he walks into the city he'd know Seattle has one of the best run defensesin the league. Seeing Portis go into Seattle and not run the ball should have been expected, and blaming it on the Tampa "streetfight" is silly.

He also doesn't critcize Portis for being "soft," which, given his lack of success running the ball and his place on the bench in the Tampa game should be, by Bayless's logic, well deserved.

[ QUOTE ]
He can't make the Seahawks pay with 40-yard touchdown runs the way DeShaun could. That means the Seahawks will get away with triple-teaming the baddest little man on the NFL planet, Steve Smith.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I'm really doubting DeShaun Foster's ability to break a 40 yarder on Seattle, mostly because he's broken a 40 yarder EXACTLY ONCE ALL SEASON. And it was against the worst run defense in the league. To be fair, it was 70 yards, but the difference between a 40 and a 70 yarder is where you started.

Ugh ugh ugh. I can't stand Bayless. I can't stand the people that continue to idiotically bash Seattle. To be honest, I can't hope they win the Super Bowl and shut everyone up.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:58 PM

I guess the better comment would be why take so much offense to this Bayless column when he consistently writes stupider ones.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:05 PM

Because Skip Bayless is just the biggest example of the idiocy, but he's saying the same thing so many other people are saying.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because Skip Bayless is just the biggest example of the idiocy, but he's saying the same thing so many other people are saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's diffferent with ESPN and stuff, but in Canada where I live this game has gotten no attention, and the decisions have been pretty split.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:13 PM

If you fading everything Skip Bayless has ever said, you'd have a moneybin bigger than Scrooge McDuck.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:51 PM

If Bayless was a message board poster he would have been branded a troll a banned a long time ago.

Please keep underrating the Hawks people, it'll make it that much better.

This isn't college ball, they didn't make their schedule and they won all the games. What more can you ask?