Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Default I bad beat someone... then feel I should call down next hand

I just want to know if anyone ever makes up there mind to call down preflop... or am I just a dip-stick??

History... I just bad beat the hell out of the BB. A weak player had open raised, so I try to steal/isolate on the button with something ridiculous like Q-7 of spades. BB ends up 4 betting with two red aces... 3 to flop... I flop a Jesus draw (8,9,6 with two spades)... I make max money when I hit a flush on the river. BB is STEAMING. He's already called me a mother-f'er in Armenian (farsi) twice now.

Very next hand, folded to me in the cutoff and I have two black 3's.

I raise... SB (guy I just beat, INSTA-3 bets). His 3 betting range here is literally 100% of the deck. In the past I've seen him spew money like a pro after taking bad beats.

Anyways, my question is that if the board comes out normal scary (say ace high or a couple broadway cards)... will you ever call down all three streets?

I can give you the exact hand that occurred when I had the 33... but this is kind of more a hypothetical question against a very aggressive steaming player.