[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am the king of msnl

[/ QUOTE ]

all hail AeJones!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-08-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Official August Thread: General Discussion, butterfingers/etc

okok I give up i cant hold it in any longer aarone jones is teh saviour and the chosen one. plz b eat me off
Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am the king of msnl

[/ QUOTE ]

all hail AeJones!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My liege,

What type of high ranking positions are open in your kingdom for someone like me?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am the king of msnl

[/ QUOTE ]

all hail AeJones!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My liege,

What type of high ranking positions are open in your kingdom for someone like me?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can be my court jester, tell me a joke, funnyman!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:27 PM

Once again "ipokeder" awakes from his dungeon...

You clearly not understand the difference between being GOOD at a game (where the game in question has and always has been designed to be played with CONSIDERABLE stacks, NOT <20 times the bigblind), and thus exploiting peoples WEAKNESSES IN PLAYING UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES; I.E MAKING MISTAKES. You could say you are in effect exploiting your opponents within the spirit of the game, whereas exploiting a technical FLAW of online poker, that is, the incompability of playing against fullstacked and shortstacked opponents at the same table. When that occurs, quite obviously, only the fullstack suffers.

Shortstacking is a valid strategy in current online poker, yes, indeed, and NOWHERE DID I WRITE OTHERWISE. What I did write, however, was that given how shortstacking EXPLOITS A FLAW IN THE GAME DESIGN (since poker was never signed to be played this was), then Imsakidd is no position to think people have no right to dislike him, and saying stuff like "I'm playing the game the way I want to play it" is kind of ridiculous given the example I gave; if everyone shortstacked, nobody would basically beat the rake, whereas if everyone played fullstacked, the better players would make a living like they always have. Thus, suggesting everybody should have a choice in this matter is retarded; shortstackers live out of incompability, shortstacking isn't a "form" of poker; it's an exploit of real poker form, as as such, it fails by design if EVERYONE played shortstacks. Do you now understand the difference?

Shortstacking isn't unethical (ratholing is), but nobody can argue that shortstackratholing is a FLAW OF THE ONLINE POKER WORLD and nothing more. The way Imsakidd writes he seems to think he deserves credit/should be as respected as anyone else since he's just "playing poker the way he wants to", and such things I will not tolerate.

You always come out of your whole ever since that time I said your advice in some BBV-thread where you berated somebody else was incorrect, constantly trying to make me look silly, and frankly, it's getting rather annoying.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am the king of msnl

[/ QUOTE ]

all hail AeJones!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My liege,

[/ QUOTE ]

you can be my court jester, tell me a joke, funnyman!

[/ QUOTE ]

imsakidd is a respectable poker player
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

imsakidd is a respectable poker player

[/ QUOTE ]

that ones a scream i'm creaming my pants
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh? The way you want to play? You think shortstacking was ever meant to be a part of poker and a "way to play it?" Shortstacking is possible through EXPLOITING the incompability of playing against fullstacked and shortstacked players at the same time (when you are a fullstack), and having to worry about two ranges, whereas the shortstack obviously only have to care about one. You do realize this right? You do realize that "shortstacking" isn't a form of poker, you do realize you'd make close to zilch playing at a table of only shortstackers (that aren't completely retarded), right?

You do realize that you are EXPLOITING the game by shortstacking, right?

Even using terms like "it's the game I want to play" shows how immature you are when it comes to realizing exactly what you are doing. It is for this very same reason that people are berating you for shortstacking; I'm stunned you don't understand how the fact that you exploiting the game of poker makes other players irritated/hateful against you.

In the poker world, you ARE a second class citizen for shortstacking, how can that NOT be clear to you?

Jesus, "Its the way I want to play", how can you be so stupid as to actually write this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically, he is playing by the rules and within the rules, anything goes.

It's the owners of the tables that [censored] it up by allowing this kind of play to ruin the play for others. They should just cap it @ 50bb minimum or something.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<3 2/4 ..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bloody nice. And it's not even weekend? What it do?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 PM

I thought it was pretty clear that I by "spirit of the game" meant how the game was designed (which was of course ORIGINALLY DONE OFFLINE), and I was pretty clear on the fact that shortstacking isn't against rules/not within rules and neither is it unethical due to this.
Closed Thread