Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Help CashmanBrian scammed me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cashman I see your name on all sorts of people's avatars. If I see these people on my nl cash tables or in tournaments, can I just assume they're all tourney donks?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol many tournament players are not very good at poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] foucault
Old 11-29-2006, 12:32 AM

What if this guy used some random's person credit card and deposited from that into stars and tried to get money fast out of stars through you and let u take all the heat ?

It's a big possibility in my opinion. I would have waited with this ub transfer a little bit, until stars give an answer about what actually happend here.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if this guy used some random's person credit card and deposited from that into stars and tried to get money fast out of stars through you and let u take all the heat ?

It's a big possibility in my opinion. I would have waited with this ub transfer a little bit, until stars give an answer about what actually happend here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not CMB's responsiblity to catch these things. Stars/Neteller should not have let the xfer to CMB happen in the first place if skechty things were going on.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not CMB's responsiblity to catch these things. Stars/Neteller should not have let the xfer to CMB happen in the first place if skechty things were going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if someone brakes into random player's stars account, it is ok to provide services of withdrawing stolen funds? Is it even possible for someone like CMB to be sure the person withdrawing the money by means of him is actually the account holder? Is not very likely for Stars to catch on a simple money transfer if the actual account holder was transferring money a lot.

To each his own, but the likelihood of being an accomplice in something shady is too big I would think.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well , let me tell u it's not working like that.

Take moneybookers for example:

Someone had some money to give me. He paid that from his moneybookers account and we settle the debth.

40 days later I get an email from moneybookers stating that they took x amount of money from my account (the exact amount that guy sent me ). They said the money didn't belong to him being credited by THEM, moneybookers, by mistake to his account. The guy later explained that he had quite a bit of money there and he didn't realise they credited him with extra cash until they sent him the same letter , so he resent the money and we had no problem about that.

But in this case, moneybookers behaved like a bunch of crooks. They simply took the money from my account and noticed me about it only AFTER, I mean they didn't ask for my permission ,as it was actually MY money they were taking . But no, they said: ah , we are taking your money, u deal with the other person, you must speak to him and get your cash back from him. Well, WTF?

So , see my point? Pokerstars/tilt/ub/anypoker room for that reason can come after and seize the cash if they discover something icky.

So,
Old 11-29-2006, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you found out that with 100% certainty that this guy was in fact SDP and he did in fact scam people to get that 6k would you still send it to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't operate on hypotheticals, the $6k has been sent to him via UB per his request. gg

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you should've arranged a $6k Guaranteed SteveDaPimp Freeroll on Stars instead. Winner gets the money and Steve's adress as a bonus gift.

I still wonder how this seemingly unintelligent guy could ever have managed to scam someone off their money? I guess that question will go unanswered...
Old 11-29-2006, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cashman I see your name on all sorts of people's avatars. If I see these people on my nl cash tables or in tournaments, can I just assume they're all tourney donks?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol many tournament players are not very good at poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] foucault

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 AM

I got tired of reading this thread on page 15,

Brian, I hope that you do the right thing and keep the money. Send some back to the many he has scammed. I know I am one of those. it wasnt much and I considered it a lesson to never give money to anyone over the internets. I wanted to trade 150$ on party for 150$ on stars since I my credit card didn't work on stars but I could buy on party. He contacted me as another regular poster on NWP.

FWIW I think this guy really shouldnt get a cent. I know that Zeejustin wrote a blog about his scams.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you found out that with 100% certainty that this guy was in fact SDP and he did in fact scam people to get that 6k would you still send it to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't operate on hypotheticals, the $6k has been sent to him via UB per his request. gg

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you should've arranged a $6k Guaranteed SteveDaPimp Freeroll on Stars instead. Winner gets the money and Steve's adress as a bonus gift.

I still wonder how this seemingly unintelligent guy could ever have managed to scam someone off their money? I guess that question will go unanswered...

[/ QUOTE ]

He lurks forums waiting for people to ask for transfers etc.. he sets up quick deals. Catches people who just arent paying attention
Old 11-29-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got tired of reading this thread on page 15,

Brian, I hope that you do the right thing and keep the money. Send some back to the many he has scammed. I know I am one of those. it wasnt much and I considered it a lesson to never give money to anyone over the internets. I wanted to trade 150$ on party for 150$ on stars since I my credit card didn't work on stars but I could buy on party. He contacted me as another regular poster on NWP.

FWIW I think this guy really shouldnt get a cent. I know that Zeejustin wrote a blog about his scams.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you didn't read the thread, just FYI...