Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Most amazing football win EVAR

[ QUOTE ]
that was just hilarious and amazing, what pisses me off at the end one of the white shirted white players goes over to shake hands with opposition and the black player raises his arm and hand so he doesnt shake his hand, [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the races of the players had absolutely nothing to do with this and really wonder why you bothered to mention it.

Are you serious?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:26 AM

Pretty zzzz by rugby league/union standards. More of this and less gay padding would definitely make me somewhat interested in NFL though, kicking the ball in play would be cool too. Just be more like rugby.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 AM

LOL at all these europeans saying american football sucks and then asking why the play continued when there were only 2 seconds left on the clock.

Football is by far the most exciting sport. College basketball is probably a close second (NBA sucks though). Also, wtf comparing rugby to football? Not even close in terms of gut wrenching excitement. Try watching a playoff game, like the colts vs patriots last season.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty zzzz by rugby league/union standards. More of this and less gay padding would definitely make me somewhat interested in NFL though, kicking the ball in play would be cool too. Just be more like rugby.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is such a silly argument. The game is totally different. Football has a different set of rules. Different plays. So much goes into one play. Timing, deception, etc etc. You say that video OP posted is standard in rugby. What you don't understand is that given the NFL rules, that play is pretty insane. The team HAD to score on that ONE drive without getting tackled ONCE and without throwing the ball FORWARD (You can only lateral it backwards) otherwise they lose. It's not about getting tackled without a helmet and pads. It's about the pressure and needing to win on that one drive.

If you want to say Rugby is better because they don't wear pads and the players punch and kick themselves in the nuts and take it like men, fine enjoy rugby then. That is not the point of american football.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 AM

Plus, back in the day american football players didnt wear any padding and people were dying (slight exaggeration) left and right. The pads are a necessity based on how the game is played, and obviously rugby players don't need them for how rugby is played. Yes rugby is tough and brutal but if american football players didn't wear pads somebody would suffer a permanent injury practically every play. They're just two different games.

Btw I don't really like any of these games, and american football least of all, so I like to think I have an objective opinion here.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is better imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYnersg2Us

[/ QUOTE ]

no it is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Barton comes back to win the national championship, down 7 with 45 seconds to play. The win ended Winona State's 50+ game win streak, dating back to the '05-'06 season"

I don't know, with the history, it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that thing when it happened. The last 5 minutes or so are saved on my tivo - forever.

FWIW - I think the 1994 Texas HS football championship game still wins over all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

Plano East down 41-17 with 3 minutes left. You have to watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this before but it's really crazy.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible for people to like American footbal, football, Aussie Rules football, and rugby, or does everyone have say one of them is better and the others are [censored] every time someone mentions one of these sports???

I'm so tired of reading:

"I went to the Super Bowl. trip report"
- American football sux dude, it's like poor man's rugby yo.

"Heading to Paris for the Rugby World Cup Finals. Yess!!!!!!!"
-Rubgy?!? wtf, are you some sort of british wanker? try a real man's game like football americano style

or

screw you all, aussie rules, ausie rules, ausie rules!!!!

or

your sport sucks!

no, your sport sucks!

no, yours does.

or

that's not football, this is football!

no, this is football!

no, no, this is football!!!

give it a rest already, it's old an tired guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually really enjoy and watch all these sports on a regular basis. I might actually be the only one though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The only bad thing I can say about American football is that the players never have the opportunity to represent their country. Same could be said for Aussie Rules, except for that joke that was the "International Rules" hybrid against some Irish Gaelic (lol, funny word) footballers who don't even have tackling as part of their orignal game and got beat the hell up.

Also, for those unfamiliar with Aussie Rules, some highlights (excuse the crappy music, aren't that many highlight videos);
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=URDlnGy_q9M

and hits for those American pansies who wear pads; [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCw1UZ7ZjU

Also, has the Boise State win in the Fiesta Bowl last year been mentioned? That was absurd.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 AM

sick sick play

also lol @ all the haters
Old 10-29-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sick sick play

also lol @ all the haters

[/ QUOTE ]

+ a big LOL to everyone who calls it a sissy game b/c of the pads, as if the average pro rugby player would last a season starting every game.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
just wow