Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has this Steamroller's tourny score been discovered yet? Found a post on finnish forum today by the guy who finished 7 in that tourny describing steamrollers playing style very superuserish.
I don't remember other than cash games being discussed by this alias earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Top Three Rate: 4.08% Average Field Size: 309

Final Tables: 4 8.16%

Cashes: 2 4.08%

pokerdb of him ..

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, STEAMROLLER was one of the compromised cash game accounts. Also, POTRIPPER and other accounts had a history of small stakes losing prior to their 'amazing' runs. This win fits the timetable, too.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
adanthar - what about the betfair accusations? do you know anything about them...?

[/ QUOTE ]

no but I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the trojan horse that some of those people admitted to downloading has something to do with it

[ QUOTE ]
Do we actually know how good security is at the other sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM

adanthar,

This thread is starting to tail off a bit. Can you drop another massive dramabomb now pls?

kthx
your pal
ChrisV
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like they haven't made up their mind yet about what they're going to admit or deny.

They're probably still looking for a cover-up story that allows them to deny the most damning facts like the superuser account, especially because the proof for this is too complicated for the general public to be understood as a smoking gun. When we start talking about hand histories, river aggression factor, IP addresses and DNS servers, nobody cares anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

The general public here in the Netherlands all believe it in a second, because they (in general) suck at poker and LOVE the fact that they lose their money because they're being cheated.

Although they dont play above $10 MTT or $0.25 NL by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]i agree scandanavians suck at poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] jus kiddin
Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Serious Journalists Getting Interested

Hello all. dyzalot informed me of the mention of my name as a possible coconspirator in this mess. Obviously this is not the case. When i was at the table with potripper, i just thought that he was a maniac that thought he could run over the table and i decided to take a stand a couple of times. meh. Everyone from 2+2 and p5's that have done so much work to bring light to this issue should be applauded and i personally appreciate their efforts, however (and i realize apefish apologized for bringing up my name) in situations like these the "witch hunt" syndrome can get very ugly. i urge everyone, going forward, to be absolutely sure of your information before making any public accusations. -Andy
Old 10-18-2007, 12:23 PM

I played in that tourny with Steamroller, and reviewed my HH. From what I saw he was very consistent with a superuser but different than potripper. Not a complete moron, picking his spots a much better.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:25 PM

Actually I never brought up your name. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I did help quash the tossing about of it though.
I posted different speculation on a different tourney and immediately backtracked.
It probably was during the same part of the thread and could be misread.

It was unfortunate yours got brought up also- and I think people are clear on it now.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys, i know this is a moderator decision, but i really think a lot of these threads need to be moved and restricted in some way.. given that there are major media outlets looking through this, i feel like we need to have one post stickied or something that lays out ONLY the facts so that they don't go looking through this, post some [censored] in the news about McBill and the guy's name with the picture we have up that is supposedly him, and then have legal action taken on them / us / whatever.

opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just sent Athandar a PM about this suggestion he make a thread to sticky where he lists credible people for any media to discuss this with...The worst thing possible is to have somebody uninformed or unable to discuss poker beyond this to get into a debate against the "poker is rigged" guy that these media will have on as well.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I only started following up on this story last night, so I'm a little confused.....was the transfer of the excel spreadsheet really an "accident"? Or does nobody know?

[/ QUOTE ]

i firmly believe that it was nothign special.

i have a copy of a similar (and otherwise unremarkable) spreadsheet from September 2006 which has the equivalent relevent data - IP and email addresses of observers, and hole cards of all players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's important for anyone else who's ever requested and received one of these spreadsheets to check and see if there might be anything interesting on it. Even if there weren't cheaters, there could be usernames in question, which could be linked to email/IPs etc.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like they haven't made up their mind yet about what they're going to admit or deny.

They're probably still looking for a cover-up story that allows them to deny the most damning facts like the superuser account, especially because the proof for this is too complicated for the general public to be understood as a smoking gun. When we start talking about hand histories, river aggression factor, IP addresses and DNS servers, nobody cares anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

The general public here in the Netherlands all believe it in a second, because they (in general) suck at poker and LOVE the fact that they lose their money because they're being cheated.

Although they dont play above $10 MTT or $0.25 NL by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]i agree scandanavians suck at poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] jus kiddin

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...The Netherlands isn't in Scandinavia...
Closed Thread