Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Big draw on the turn in big pot

Live 4-8

4 LPPs limp to me in the CO I raise w A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], LAG OTB 3 bets, blinds fold , limpers and me call.Should I cap here?

flop K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](19sbs)
checked to button who bets all call, I raise, all call.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](15.5 bbs)

checked to me. If I don't bet here, I'm 95% sure the button will. If I do bet, there's a very good chance he'll raise.Whats my plan?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Big draw on the turn in big pot

[ QUOTE ]
Live 4-8

4 LPPs limp to me in the CO I raise w A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], LAG OTB 3 bets, blinds fold , limpers and me call.Should I cap here?

flop K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](19sbs)
checked to button who bets all call, I raise, all call.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](15.5 bbs)

checked to me. If I don't bet here, I'm 95% sure the button will. If I do bet, there's a very good chance he'll raise.Whats my plan?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you bet and otb raises, what do you think the LPPs will do when it's two cold back to them? You have ace high with 5 other players. I don't think you're cleaning up any ace outs here by facing the field with two cold if you bet and he raises. Check the turn, call his bet, and hit one of your 39.273 outs.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 AM

i just call the 3 bet pre-flop. i think i c/c the turn,hope its only one back to me. your draws are to the nuts and i dont want to lose customers here.although betting out the turn might be better as flush draws are not folding to 2 bets anyway. i think its close,but i think its a c/c line?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just call the 3 bet pre-flop. i think i c/c the turn,hope its only one back to me. your draws are to the nuts and i dont want to lose customers here.although betting out the turn might be better as flush draws are not folding to 2 bets anyway. i think its close,but i think its a c/c line?

[/ QUOTE ]
If OP is sure that villain will bet, and you want the others paying 2 bets for their flush draws, why not just c/r the field? Villain may even re-raise and OP could cap. BTW, I'm not advocating the play.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:18 AM

the question is betwen check raising and check calling, right? i'm voting for check raise if it's multi way, especially if you don't think button will 3 bet. and calling heads up.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:28 AM

r we sure the button wont check through the turn, i mean hero c/r the flop and the button just called. how can we be 95% sure the button will bet? i like betting the turn
Old 11-28-2007, 11:32 AM

He had already cut out 16 chips, and he was up about 3 racks and was not shy about betting/raising.I guess I should have included this in the post, sorry.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:36 AM

This is a big pot and a big part of my question is should I bet into him and have him possibly face everyone with 2 cold.Is this the way to maximize my chances to win, or should I be looking to check raise a big field for value/ just call if heads up 1 caller?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 AM

how does knocking other players out help you win? i guess there's an outside possibility you're buying an ace out, but i'm pretty convinced you're gonna have to crying call if an ace comes.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a big pot and a big part of my question is should I bet into him and have him possibly face everyone with 2 cold.Is this the way to maximize my chances to win, or should I be looking to check raise a big field for value/ just call if heads up 1 caller?

[/ QUOTE ]

your not looking to maximize your chances of winning as a previous poster stated, your not cleaning up you any ace outs. your looking to maximize value if you do win. you have a big draw, and thier all to the nuts, so why r u looking to get HU?