Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-29-2007, 09:00 PM

Default 50NL: Winrate vs stats

I'm currently retooling my game (played 16/11/3 for the last 50k hands but winrate hasn't been what it should be).

A lot of the higher stakes players advocate an aggressive game at or above my level of aggression. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe they are playing in tighter games than me, certainly I am beginnning to think I am on the spewy end of the scale for this level.

Recently I've been experimenting with a much nittier 14/9 or even lower and my winrate looks sweet (over a v small sample)

Average villain in my game plays 21/7 over my entire sample. Obviously I have to adjust to a particular table, but what IN GENERAL is the ideal stat to play against this sort of table average.

Thoughts?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Winrate vs stats

Playing in your comfort zone is whats important, not having "cool" stats
Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in your comfort zone is whats important, not having "cool" stats

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but more so, whats important is playing well and playing correctly based on the situation. Moreso, then playing within a comfort zone.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 PM

In the 50NL games which you play in, i think you are leaving money on the table by nitting it up. I played a few hundred thousand hands with stats of around 14/10/3 and a decent winrate. But after moving up and playing in some more aggressive games, i noticed that there were many spots where i was missing value by folding.

The problem with playing like this is your simply not in enough pots with the truly terrible players at the table. There are so many players at this level who will limp in with almost anything, then either fold to a raise pre or to a continuation bet on most flops. Another bonus is that most players at this level won't re-raise without a premium hand, so most of the time you can just give up when you get 3 bet.

As long as your decent post flop, playing a style of around 23/19 seems to be much more profitable in these games. It's also amazing how lightly some people stack off, when you have been raising so many different types of hand
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 PM

Baja, whats your sn now? pm if you prefer. I'm as I was
Old 11-29-2007, 09:43 PM

If your thinking of moving up the 100NL games at ongame are still very beatable but the play is very different to 50NL. The regs are much better than at 50NL, where no one really stands out. Usually 1 or 2 good regs a table, 2 or so mega nits and the rest 22/5 type guys. With a few Aggro donks thrown in for good measure.

The play is a lot more Aggressive that at 50NL, with more 3 and 4 betting.Floating is also really common, so you need to watch when you continuation bet. Playing your old 16/11/3 style should work, really well there so long as your pick the right spots
Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 PM

I'm guessing that a lot of those guys drop down to 50nl during the morning / afternoon where unfortunately I have to get most of my time in, you've just described perfectly the regular early game, but without the pf aggro.