Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To Tilt Or Not?
Agree 5 45.45%
Disagree 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

So she is your poker coach then? Nyice! That must be cool to have a poker playing chica.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:51 PM

Calling her a coach would be quite a bit of a stretch. More like an enabler.....its also pretty cool to be able to talk to someone about hands when you get home [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The last time I played with her at the same table, (3/6 limit holdem), I won 220 dollars in 90 minutes. I like to think she's good luck in that regard....pity she was in both pots where I flopped a set though....
Old 11-28-2007, 05:25 AM

I won 17 BB tonight. Played better than last night, made a couple of really thin decisions. Maybe this hand should be it's own thread, but I'm going to put it here because it is one of those "I had a read" things that won't lend itself to a strat post.

One Outer is in the BB with black JJ. Three limpers, including Villain, who is on absolute life tilt courtesy of me, and I raise. They all call.

There's a little history here in the session. In an earlier hand I read his soul (that's right, his soul) and made a sick river call against him with J high. MHIG. He thought I played bad before that when he found out I mucked A8s to a preflop raise in MP. I know this because he said to me, "you play bad." I loled.

Anyhow, this villain is pretty laggy. He's in a lot of pots, does lots of raising. Can be counted on to raise a pair on most boards. So the flop comes A62 w/ two diamonds. I bet out, laggy villain raises and one of the limpers calls two cold. Immediately, I'm heavily tilting the caller's range to a flush draw. Laggy guy could have any pair, a gutshot or also a flush draw. I call.

Turn brings the Ac. I now decide it is pretty unlikely that laggy villain has an A and he is betting a 6, pp or some sort of weird draw. So I check, he fires, the other guy just calls, and now I'm 100% he has a flush draw. So I raise. Laggy guy looks at his hand, looks at me, looks at his hand again and mucks. He's clearly having thoughts about hurting me. Other guy calls.

River bricks, a 2, and I check because he's not calling and the only way to get anymore money out of him is to induce, even if it will rarely work. He checks, says he can't beat anything, I table JJ and laggy villain guy goes THROUGH THE ROOF. Apparently, I play sooooo bad, and I couldn't have thought my hand was any good there, and if I did think it was good I would have bet out instead of c/r, and blah blah blah. Dealer called the floor over.

He came to the table with $1200 that he won in BJ. When I left he had $700 left.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 AM

Im a member. I think I might be a member of the 2K club.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Visited the park today....

And didn't have much fun.

But this hand stood out. One MP poster, in the seat behind me. I have QT, and decide to get out of line, because of the extra blind in the hand. I raise, MP calls, and one other player who is a loose coldcaller, but plays well afterwards calls.

Flop J94. I have raised preflop, and declined to Cbet a couple of times in this session, so lately when I have made Continuation bets, they have got a little more respect. I bet, MP thinks and calls, and LP folds. I get a weak vibe off of MP, like he has T7 or something like that.

Turn J. I bet again. MP calls again.

River 9. I bet again. MP calls again.

I say, NH, I just have a straight draw, and table my hand, and he says,' I thought so, I have a pair of fours,' and tables 84suited.

No sir, you have Jacks and Nines with an 8 kicker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 11-28-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Visited the park today....

I restarted that 50 BB challenge for myself at full ring as relaxation, starting at 0.5/1. I just passed +65 BB at $1/2, so I can move up to $2/4 now; however, that'll be for later. Fun though, I killed 0.5/1 and 1/2 for 6.0 BB/100 both over 1k hands. Somehow I doubt this will get me back up to $5/10, but we'll see :-) Good to see all you guys are still here.

And thanks for anyone who reviewed hands for me earlier; even though I hardly played thereafter, I did really appreciate it.

This one left a smile on me :P

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Js 8h (full house, eights full of jacks).
Hero has Ts Qc (straight, queen high).
Outcome: BB wins 10 BB. </font>
Old 11-29-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! "I put you on pocket Jacks or pocket Eights..." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. This is a standard fold preflop, no?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I restarted that 50 BB challenge for myself at full ring as relaxation, starting at 0.5/1. I just passed +65 BB at $1/2, so I can move up to $2/4 now; however, that'll be for later. Fun though, I killed 0.5/1 and 1/2 for 6.0 BB/100 both over 1k hands. Somehow I doubt this will get me back up to $5/10, but we'll see :-) Good to see all you guys are still here.

And thanks for anyone who reviewed hands for me earlier; even though I hardly played thereafter, I did really appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey badger, fold pf [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

welcome back. want to do a Well?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Well well well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well well well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]