Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)

wtf, 600k is a lot of money even to poker pros in th ebig game, to lose that much in one hand is sick. normally caps at 100k even in the big game, so being in a situation where you are a 13/7 dog for 600k would prob not be pleasant.

i agree with ^^^ steel, guy really did seem to feel bad for DB. should have kept the 120k as well though - for the foundation.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:28 PM

david looked absolutely destroyed after he saw Guy's cards
Old 11-21-2007, 08:29 PM

yes but what the hell did he think he had?
Old 11-21-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
david looked absolutely destroyed after he saw Guy's cards

[/ QUOTE ]

i really donīt get what david wanted to see after his push. judging from the hsp coverage, guy is very loose/passive both before the flop and on the flop. he had a bet and a raise in front of him and still reraised so he had to have a hand. 2nd, heīs a billionaire fish and there was no way he was ever going to fold, so benyamine had to expect a call and being way behind when getting called.

pretty degen "my balls are bigger than yours" move obv. and it got even more ridiculous by instantly accepting guys offer.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 PM

if i were DB i would have ran it once and hoped i hit my flush draw...
Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is extremely lame to have it all ways. What has poker come to where a guy can push all in like DB did, get caught a dog in a huuugge pot, and have Guy say forget the extra 120K you raised before you tried to semi-bluff me for my hard earned money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that seems to happen alot nowadays... not. I find Guy's attitude really admireable.. even if the money does not matter that much for him it was really nice what he did.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i were DB i would have ran it once and hoped i hit my floushdraw...

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp for frenchness
Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 PM

shaniac,

"I'd like to think that if the stake meant that much to me that I'd either 1) not show up and play 1) not shove allin with the nut flush draw OR 3) not accept Guy's charity. Seems lame to have it all ways."

I dunno, I think you could say pretty similar things about big buyin tournament poker with all the people who are sponsored/staked/have deals/trade etc. In this case, they did the variance reduction (ok fine, in this case also a nice gift from a billionaire) after the fact rather than beforehand, but it's the same thing really - people playing in games far bigger than they can really afford bankroll-wise on their own.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shaniac,

"I'd like to think that if the stake meant that much to me that I'd either 1) not show up and play 1) not shove allin with the nut flush draw OR 3) not accept Guy's charity. Seems lame to have it all ways."

I dunno, I think you could say pretty similar things about big buyin tournament poker with all the people who are sponsored/staked/have deals/trade etc. In this case, they did the variance reduction (ok fine, in this case also a nice gift from a billionaire) after the fact rather than beforehand, but it's the same thing really - people playing in games far bigger than they can really afford bankroll-wise on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a valid point, I guess, but it seems a little bit off, because he didn't take a conscious "variance reduction" approach, he made the highest-possible variance play and then received an unexpected gift/bailout (but I suppose that describes a lot of tournament pros, too) and did it DURING the hand.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 PM

this isj ust absolutely sickening.. if it is alot of money to benyamine, he shouldn't be playing with it then..

db got the biggest suckout of his life