Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

I have been unable to import Prima *.lgr files. Is there any special procedure?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:07 PM

so...i'm looking to purchase this, but what about the HUD? Do i still have to use PAHUD? or does HM provide it's own.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 PM

effang; I answered your questions in PM, but:

The HUD will be released soon. It is in BETA and isn't available to even be purchased yet.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 PM

rvg;

I'm going to try out you and PokerTracker on these questions:

I am looking to buy a new laptop, and my main use is Poker. I do school work/etc, but nothing big and obviously any $1200 computer can handle the simple things. (Obv. this is what I would like to spend. I could spend 2k if I want but I did on this last comp and it is done after 2 yrs)

Ok, so what are the specs to look for to utilized HM/PT3? I run these all the time, I play poker 5hrs/day, and I am considering just using 1 db per year if possible. This would mean a million hand DB, maybe 1.2 or so mill.

Also, I am thinking HP or Dell(If there are better options plz tell me). I think HP might be cheaper right now because they are trying to get a market share, but I have no facts to back this up.

So give me good specs and where you would buy it. Also, AMD or Intel. Also, it has to be 17" screen with 1920 res. but you obv. don't have to actually look into that unless you plan on showing a specific computer.

Now it's time to cross-post this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so what are the specs to look for to utilized HM/PT3?

[/ QUOTE ]
Processor speed - for both - will give you the greatest boost (ie, it is most likely to be the bottleneck on either program)

[ QUOTE ]
I run these all the time, I play poker 5hrs/day, and I am considering just using 1 db per year if possible. This would mean a million hand DB, maybe 1.2 or so mill.

[/ QUOTE ]
To put it into perspective, I have a five million hand DB, and I get great performance on my low-end Core2Duo laptop (E2xxx series)

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I am thinking HP or Dell(If there are better options plz tell me).

[/ QUOTE ]
get a 1920x1200 res screen for whichever is cheaper.

[ QUOTE ]
So give me good specs and where you would buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anything with Core2Duo, and 1920x1200 screen would be ideal.

HM is so much faster than what you'd be used to with PT that it'll be much faster for you.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, AMD or Intel.

[/ QUOTE ]
the CTH forum has a pretty big consensus for Core2Duo at the moment.

Intel has just dropped the prices on the Quad core Q6600 processor, so that's also an option.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:51 PM

Josem:

I just posted on CTH about the computer I may buy. As I can actually get a $1700 computer since I don't mind spending 1200($500 off coupon), do you think upgrading any of those specs is better? Do you think I should switch to Intel? I will go through some more and see if I can find anything better but will be heeding opinions so I know for sure. I am actually computer savvy and figured it would be processor speed/etc, but am just looking for advice from the "real" pros.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll answer there to avoid cluttering up this thread any more.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:28 AM

Just wanted to say excellent interface rvg!

I'm currently running .50, and you just mentioned you are trying to get .54 out possibly this weekend. Did I miss .52 & .53 or did you just skip a few numbers. If I missed something, they aren't on your website?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to say excellent interface rvg!

I'm currently running .50, and you just mentioned you are trying to get .54 out possibly this weekend. Did I miss .52 & .53 or did you just skip a few numbers. If I missed something, they aren't on your website?

[/ QUOTE ]

52 and 53 were both builds released on the HM forums but later withdrawn due to some asthetic issues I think. With that in mind, I just found this, but i hope i'm not jumping the gun:

0.54b

November 11th - 0.54b
* The interface is now split into 4 parts, Import / Cash / Tourney / All Players. This will allow me to build custom tabs for cash / tourneys and allow for easier navigation.
* Positioning of filters, selected player etc is now positioned horizontally
* Date filters are now available right from the top bar with some shortcuts
* Fixed bug with the Stack Size filter
* If you try to run a cash game report when there are no cash games in the DB then you will get a friendly message instead of an error
* All player tabs (Reports / Hands / Preflop Hands / Sessions / vs Player / Graphs) are auto loaded when clicked on
* Fixed preflop hands bug where limp reraised, call two raisers and raised two raisers data was put into the wrong columns.
* Fixed bug in Preflop tab where it would include some known results from other players in the hands that the selected player played in.
* Fixed bug where using Did Cold Call or Could Cold Call in a filter actually returned hands where you 3bet
* Fixed bug where HoldemManager.config file would become unloadable if &,<,' or " was used in the DB password.
* Fixed Full Tilt bug where the word "(partial)" would appear at the end of the first line of the hand.
* Fixed Full Tilt tourney bug where the blind posters would not appear in the hand history
* Fixed Absolute tourney issue where the Tourney Summary at the beginning of the file would register as an import error
* Fixed Absolute problem where a player is "All-In (Timeout)"
* Changed Auto Import to 20 seconds
* Fixed Full Tilt big where a player with a space in their name would not have mucked cards shown and the hand would not be able to be played in the replayer
* The Number of players in the DB is now shown on the Players Tab
* Fixed Stars bug where some hands with dead blind posters would not be playable in replayer
* A maximum of 500 hands can be replayed at one time
* Auto Import now works on Party Poker hand history folders
* More interface changes to improve layout
* Huge performance increase in rescanning files currently in progress
* Added summary bar to sessions tab
* Removed sessions and graph tabs from tourney section - these will return with $ winnings for tourneys.
* Improved import performance by about 15%
* Added a Refresh button on the Player / Filter select bar
* Fixed bug where Straight Flushes would not appear in the made hand list when going back into the Filter Form
* Fixed Full Tilt bug where a player who's name starts with Checks would cause import issues on some hands
Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 AM

i've been trying to get the aliases to work for awhile now. it's just not working for me. how do i do it?