Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: when talking about islam

[ QUOTE ]
my expeirence with muslism is that most dont understand the trinity, much the same as how most christians dont understand the trinity. i.e. my friend Said told me, "you know the christians believe in 3 gods right?" I had to explain that no, christians believe in just one god,but that the one god is three gods but not really, but he didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I went to Catholic school for 9 years and I still don't really get that. Like, does he separate for cocktail parties in Heaven? (That's what I always assumed. In 5th greade. Really.) Or what's the deal with that? That was always just one of those things that I said over and over until I had it memorized but never really that about the meaning.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my expeirence with muslism is that most dont understand the trinity, much the same as how most christians dont understand the trinity. i.e. my friend Said told me, "you know the christians believe in 3 gods right?" I had to explain that no, christians believe in just one god,but that the one god is three gods but not really, but he didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I went to Catholic school for 9 years and I still don't really get that. Like, does he separate for cocktail parties in Heaven? (That's what I always assumed. In 5th greade. Really.) Or what's the deal with that? That was always just one of those things that I said over and over until I had it memorized but never really that about the meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

More interestingly, the Judaic god is definitely "one". The christian god is definitely a regressive/atavistic concept with the trinity issue. There are no references to the trinity in the old testament, as far as I know. That really shows the heretical nature of christianity in relation to Judaism. In fact it puts it in the same light as the heretical nature of islam in relation to christianity.

PS the christians want their cake and eat it too, they want three persons in one god, and the muslims want they cake and eat it too, the recognized Jesus as a prophet but not as a god. Methinks islam is closer to judaism then christianity.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Seriously though, what's the point of this post other than to inflame muslims?

[/ QUOTE ]
the point is to highlight that muslims believe in the same god as christians and jews, except for some reason retardotron christian advocates seem to think if they call god "allah" then they're able to differentiate between christianity and islam

[/ QUOTE ]
This belief is somehow retarded? I'm having trouble trying to see how it's even incorrect.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Methinks islam is closer to judaism then christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]
in terms of historical cultural bonds, this is definitely true.

jogger-
obv islam and christianity aren't the same religion, so you can differentiate between them based on substance and what not. However, demagogues in our society say "allah" instead of "god" because if we acknowledge that muslims believe in god it makes them seem too much like ourselves.

purely imo and stoking the fires of discussion

but i think what really started this was when i heard that general guy a few years back say that we'll win in iraq because our god is bigger than their god. its the same god.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Methinks islam is closer to judaism then christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]
in terms of historical cultural bonds, this is definitely true.

jogger-
obv islam and christianity aren't the same religion, so you can differentiate between them based on substance and what not. However, demagogues in our society say "allah" instead of "god" because if we acknowledge that muslims believe in god it makes them seem too much like ourselves.

purely imo and stoking the fires of discussion

but i think what really started this was when i heard that general guy a few years back say that we'll win in iraq because our god is bigger than their god. there is no god, so one cant be bigger than the other

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP