Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: 19 percent of democrats think the world would be better off.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the part where the opposite is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh honey, if it weren't so late, I'd go get all my info proving how you have no idea what you're talking about here. But I'm tired, so I'll have to save it for tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite sure that you can pull a big pile of cherry picked stuff to "prove" your point. None of it is going to sway me because I actually, you know, read the news and it's blatantly obvious.

Oh, and FWIW, while I vote Libertarian and would never vote for Kerry, Gore or Bush, I do very slightly favor the Democrats over the Republicans. So I'm biased towards seeing the media as conservative... just not nearly as much as you are.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:09 AM

Uh... Im pretty sure different people have different definitions of whats is considered conservative. It not a universal absolute or constant, so by "reality" you mean compared to what you would like it to be?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...is it likely that many of those saying that it would be for the best is saying it not so much because they think the world would be better off, but just because they want to get out of the war no matter what? That they are so tired and frustrated with the current war in Iraq that they exaggerate how much they are willing to give up just to get it over with and US out of there?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is close.

There exists a subset of Democrats that are immature, unthinking parrots willing to spout anti-American slogans at every turn. One out of five sounds about right.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.....if the USA lost the war in iraq. so my question is how can 19 percent of democrats (11 percent of the population overall) be so stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the definition of "lost" but anything that would prevent the US from invading sovereign countries on trumped-up charges of terrorism and WMD, killing large numbers, alienating and radicalising many more, leaving the country in question in a state of anarchy and near civil war, and putting its development back a number of years would indeed be a good thing.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Presumably you're referring to their coverage AFTER they falsely declared Florida had gone for Gore but before polls in the western panhandle had closed? Or, put more bluntly, are you contending that their coverage was more favorable for Bush after they had tried and failed to hand the election to Gore than it was while they were trying to do so? If the latter, I find myself in the odd position of completely agreeing with you while simultaneously finding your post disgustingly disingenuous.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.....if the USA lost the war in iraq. so my question is how can 19 percent of democrats (11 percent of the population overall) be so stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the population believes in God - what's your point?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:21 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...prayer_web.pdf
Well someone should at least link to the poll results. 900 people seems a little light for a nation wide poll, no?

Also, 74% of republicans praying for Bush is rather goofy IMO. Even though I am an atheist praying for a war seems to stand in defiance of what christians would stand for.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well someone should at least link to the poll results. 900 people seems a little light for a nation wide poll, no?

Also, 74% of republicans praying for Bush is rather goofy IMO. Even though I am an atheist praying for a war seems to stand in defiance of what christians would stand for.

[/ QUOTE ]

$900 really isn't unreasonable for a sample size.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$900 really isn't unreasonable for a sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about polling, but I could have sworn that other nationwide polls use around 2,000 people.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 AM

Typical Gallup polls are ~1000.