FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Sunday Turbo WWII Thread

[ QUOTE ]
When I go back and read curtains yelling about kyro, I get very amused lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2006, 01:25 AM

People should come play in Turbo3, come sign up.

J
Old 04-17-2006, 10:24 AM

Ahem.

I have to point out that I nailed Kyro and Jared right off the bat. Who needs a seer when you have Curtains and I around. I was screaming at the computer when you wouldn't vote him off.

The intersting thing was that Curtains and I would be killed if Kyro was a wolf, and if he wasn't. If he wasn't the wolves would kill me to cast more suspicion on Kyro. If he was, he couldn't possibly survive with Curtains and I hammering on him.

I really thought the villager should have had this in the bag. The killings of Chim and Duffy were based on almost nothing and were wasted turns. I really don't like the "lynching for information" stuff that sometimes goes on. If you have a probable wolf you lynch them now. Keeping Kyro around let Stat Boy weave his meta-game and cost the villagers the game.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote Kyro, and I actually have a good reason. In a previous turbo game I supported Kyro (villager) when I was a wolf. It was like a wolf buddy system. Then if he was voted off, I looked good. If I was lynched, he went next.

My posts looked just like Kyro's do. I supported him without any goood reason. I think he has borrowed that trick from me, after bein the victim of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for posterity, and not a single person commented on it. This game drove me nuts.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This game drove me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, too, I thought the villagers were gonna lynch 2/3 wolves in the first two turns and then have plenty of time to find the last wolf. But certain seemingly good players have this tendency to "want to keep wolves around" for information and then get killed before they can tell anyone the information they've gathered.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I vote Kyro, and I actually have a good reason. In a previous turbo game I supported Kyro (villager) when I was a wolf. It was like a wolf buddy system. Then if he was voted off, I looked good. If I was lynched, he went next.

My posts looked just like Kyro's do. I supported him without any goood reason. I think he has borrowed that trick from me, after bein the victim of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for posterity, and not a single person commented on it. This game drove me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

wdc,

I'm not saying your logic is bad. But how many times do I have to say this. My defending of traz did not make me a wolf. I just happened to be a wolf this time. Go back and look at a few of my posts from Saturday's late werewolf (where pudley pulled off the miraculous). I made a couple of blatanly obvious "Jared is innocent" posts, and I also defended Tokyo a couple times when it was apparent he wasn't a wolf.

My goal, if I'm a villager, is to kill wolves. If I think someone is a villager, I'm going to say so. It helps our chances. The next game I'm a villager, I will defend someone, you will gang up and lynch me, and then you'll be down a thinking player. That's just not good.

Ooooh. I think I'll post a pm that wdcbooks sent me.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:43 AM

From wdcbooks immediately after he was eaten.

"Now I know you aren't a wolf, but they are going to lynch you anyway. Nicely played by the wolves."

Well so much for that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2006, 12:24 PM

Ok, that is true. But that was sent immediately afterwords. Once I thought about your options a bit whether you were a wolf, or a non-wolf, I realized my lynching didn't mean anything.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, that is true. But that was sent immediately afterwords. Once I thought about your options a bit whether you were a wolf, or a non-wolf, I realized my lynching didn't mean anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

That, and my reply to you was...

"I had to. It was my only choice. I just have to hope I can play it off as too obvious."

Or something like that.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahem.

I have to point out that I nailed Kyro and Jared right off the bat. Who needs a seer when you have Curtains and I around. I was screaming at the computer when you wouldn't vote him off.

The intersting thing was that Curtains and I would be killed if Kyro was a wolf, and if he wasn't. If he wasn't the wolves would kill me to cast more suspicion on Kyro. If he was, he couldn't possibly survive with Curtains and I hammering on him.

I really thought the villager should have had this in the bag. The killings of Chim and Duffy were based on almost nothing and were wasted turns. I really don't like the "lynching for information" stuff that sometimes goes on. If you have a probable wolf you lynch them now. Keeping Kyro around let Stat Boy weave his meta-game and cost the villagers the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this patrick chim stuff was total random garbage/static. There was no reason to presume one of them had to be a wolf. This is exactly the wolves goal, to put you in a situation where two guys whom are innocent force you to somehow believe one of them must be a wolf. What can I do, its my fault for someone not convincing everyone how obvious it was that kyro was a wolf. If we got rid of him then there is no chance that the villagers wouldn't win.