Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Trips on the flop

I'll hijack my own thread here -

[ QUOTE ]
I see the confusion. You assume I hate the man because of his performance this season, when in fact I hate the man because of his luck-boxing in the snow, winning of two AFC title games against steelers teams that went 15-1 and 13-3 respectively, and in general because going to college in Boston meant I had to deal with enough Patriots fans for the rest of my life [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That and, well, Belecheck is a cheater [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that pats fans can be tough to deal with, but Steelers fans are at least as bad if not worse - not to mention that most pats fans are located in New England whereas Steelers fans are EVERYWHERE![img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] The tuck rule game was whatever, but every team has 'interesting' calls go their way sometimes - the SB you won over Seattle had some great examples of that. Brady's been good far more than he's been lucky. The Belichick cheating thing was so blown out of proportion. It is fun to watch the pats blow out team after team as a result though (colts excepted). Plus it looks like we're going to get the 3rd pick in the draft anyway with a little help from the niners. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
/end hijack
Old 11-19-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Trips on the flop

I'm grunching. Preflop is one of those easy marginal decisions. I'm thinking I like a flop c/r raise as the default against a taggish ep raiser. OTOH, the board is drawy enough that the flop getting checked around would be a disaster. But this flop is never getting checked around with this many people in, methinks. I don't hate what you did; at least you made sure money got in the pot.

Turn is good. I would probably lead the river and call a raise given your read. I'm not terribly concerned about the other guy in the hand; he has a flush draw most of the time given the turn action. If you lead he might call if he paired his king and you get some extra action. If you c/c he probably won't overcall. So I lead and call one back.