Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: my last post about this ever i promise.

o john kane, i hope u run well forever
Old 11-01-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im quitting. this is so dull, i have no free time, it sucks so much. i dont want to hate what i do for the next 3 years at least.

i just told my mum and see ended out practically in tears. great.

my plan would be to play online a lot over the next 2 - 3years, make about $800k or so, then go do something i would be more interested in doing if i felt like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

goodluck, this is basically what I think Im going to do myself once Im done with school in dec.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:40 PM

lol @ how indecisive you are
Old 11-01-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im quitting. this is so dull, i have no free time, it sucks so much. i dont want to hate what i do for the next 3 years at least.

i just told my mum and see ended out practically in tears. great.

my plan would be to play online a lot over the next 2 - 3years, make about $800k or so, then go do something i would be more interested in doing if i felt like it.

[/ QUOTE ]
you have now changed your mind three times in the course of a 70 post thread.
it appears money means a lot to you. you want to be financially secure *AND* enjoy a lot of freedom. this is really hard to achieve as playing poker will lead to massive swongs. furthermore, and this has been said aswell, i think you massively overestimate your skills and your winrate. im not saying your not a winningplayer, but it really seems youre making your decisions based on a recent heater.
we all know you cant stand downswings. and they will happen, and worse than youd ever imagined (yes, more than 5 BIs).
also, there was a thread in HSNL (i really dont remember who it was, but it was someone v well known) about playing poker or starting as a wall street accountant. this guy opted to take the job, resulting in him almost quitting poker. you dont have to do that. you could easily climb up that career ladder, fare well in your job and play a reasonable amount of poker.
as gildwulf and others suggested, why not take that path for 10 years. dont spend loads and save. in 10-15 years youll be able to live savely off interests (pay rent/mortgage/we) *AND* play poker to do whatever you like.
theres not so much freedom in poker when you need to earn 800k a year. and it seems you will need to do so in order not to hate yourself for the decision you made.
if, however, youd say money didnt matter and youd be fine with quitting poker in 2 years cause games dry up (might not be likely, but who the [censored] knows) and then taking a job that youd really like but doesnt pay a lot, then go for pro.
but please consider, the lifestyle of being a professional gambler is not as bright as it might appear.

[censored] it, this ended up being way more than id imagined and theres lot i couldve mentioned aswell.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:14 PM

Here's to being a broken record:

it really seems youre making your decisions based on a recent heater.