Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

Lol if Kahnawake own absolute they are hardly going to find any dirt are they lol.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:33 PM

any idea if this gaming associates audit company is legit?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:37 PM

It does strike me as kinda funny that the group selected my AP to do and investigation, and the group selected by their gaming commission to do an investigation, are one and the same.

lol independent audit

n8, I hope you are able to get in touch with the KGC or the Gaming Associates investigators to show them the right track to follow. It'd be a shame if they were too inept to find the smoking gun.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just FYI:

---------

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommi...ry.asp?show=10

KGC to investigate Absolute Poker

The Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) announced today an audit into the current and historic activities of Absolute Poker and interaction with its gaming and financial systems. As a KGC licence holder Absolute Poker is obliged to adhere to the Regulations Concerning Interactive Gaming.

Absolute Poker has agreed to fully cooperate with the KGC and / or its agents.

Mr David Montour, the Commission’s Chairman, said, “This week allegations of impropriety have been bought to the attention of the Kahnawáke Gaming Commission. We have appointed experts to conduct a thorough audit of all circumstances, provide findings and recommendations to the Commission. The audit will not be restricted to examining theories circulating in Internet chat rooms and fora”.

The Commission has instructed Gaming Associates to conduct the audit and report to the Commission. Gaming Associates is acknowledged world wide as an expert interactive gaming test and audit house – accredited by regulators worldwide. Gaming Associates’ consultants are pioneers in interactive gaming regulation - recognized as experts in this field since the 1990s, and information security experts.

“It is essential that all online gaming and wagering is conducted in a fair and honest manner where customers are protected. The Kahnawáke Gaming Commission is committed to ensuring fair and honest gaming. Nevertheless, it is important that we, as a Commission, act on findings and not allegations alone.”

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a little different spin than the "self-assigned" GA audit before.

I am excited to see what they come up with. Even if it's an attempt to sweep it under the rug, their response will be interesting.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both AP and UB user their own custom poker software. As long as UB hasn't switched over to AP's software, this specific vulnerability probably isn't something you need to worry about there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter if they have the same management you should be worried, you should be worried about their BJ game etc. The place will never be trusted if the same management is there.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Both AP and UB user their own custom poker software. As long as UB hasn't switched over to AP's software, this specific vulnerability probably isn't something you need to worry about there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter if they have the same management you should be worried, you should be worried about their BJ game etc. The place will never be trusted if the same management is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paging shaundeeb...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did p5's do the podcast with you already?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Also, re: Gaming Associates - I'm confident that they're a relatively legit company.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok - thanks. Thought the whole HH was posted there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched most of it and have followed the threads carefully. Best guess is that two hands are missing where POTRIPPER simply folds. If you follow the threads and the HH sent to Marco, those are the only two hands he is on table before user 363 shows up and POTRIPPER starts his show.
The timing of user 363 entering the room is seconds after the second fold is what I remember.

The interesting folds are obviously further in- and they are shown, and as far as I know hands are not left out from the spot user 363 enters the room.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry for quoting an old post, but most likely, the hands are missing simply because #363 was not yet observing the table. It is plausible that only accounts with 363's privileges/capabilities can compile hand histories (or .xls files) that show all the hole cards.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok - thanks. Thought the whole HH was posted there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched most of it and have followed the threads carefully. Best guess is that two hands are missing where POTRIPPER simply folds. If you follow the threads and the HH sent to Marco, those are the only two hands he is on table before user 363 shows up and POTRIPPER starts his show.
The timing of user 363 entering the room is seconds after the second fold is what I remember.

The interesting folds are obviously further in- and they are shown, and as far as I know hands are not left out from the spot user 363 enters the room.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry for quoting an old post, but most likely, the hands are missing simply because #363 was not yet observing the table. It is plausible that only accounts with 363's privileges/capabilities can compile hand histories (or .xls files) that show all the hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting idea.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw as this account seems a few years, you are being incredibly naive if you think this is the only time it's been used for malpurpose. That is why they need to get an auditor in to discover the truth. They wont do that, and I hope they go down.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good point.

There could have been many situations which were less obvious but still profitable going on for who knows how long.
This is also why AP needs to come clean with practically everything. How long has it been happening? When did THEY discover it? What have they done to ensure it won't happen again?
etc etc etc.

Denying that it ever happened means they avoid a lot of other extremely important Q's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone still thinking of the prop accusations? If our current info is true, we know Scott Tom is a scumbag, we know he had access to the superuser account, and we know he was a bigwig at Abs from its start until recently. Put it together and what are the odds he didn't do some underhanded stuff while he was still very much a representative of the company?

Don't want to dig up more unsubstantiated claims, just pointing out that there is a possibility that Abs can't EVER let an auditor discover the full truth, because it might be even more [censored] up than the stuff we know about.
Closed Thread