Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Why does it matter if Hitler was atheist/Christian...??

So Zee, your point being that God is a negative on the world?

Plus I'd question you on that 50 Million number. Think more like 11 to 12 million at most. But who gives a [censored] about 30 to 35 Million people right. Let's just make up big sexy numbers.

But I do know that Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong who were atheist in the same century as Hitler did kill over 100 Million people together.

So I have 2, you have 1. God was no where near those guys minds, and oh over 100 million people killed.

Plus, I don't buy into the God was a crucial piece of the puzzle cause a fanatic person will put that kind of emotion in anything.

Know your facts and quit making up stuff to fit your warped ideology.

Nations have been formed in that type of cause and God was no where near it. I know you want it to be so bad cause it would be so sweet for you, but you can't just make up things and have them be true. Believe or not, just cause you think something, doesn't mean it's true. Ah, what a concept. But if you want to be ignorant, whatever.

I'd love to get a list of the books you've fed urself in ur young naive life.

I like facts, how bout you?

Be careful what you read sir.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM

Martin Bormann probably Hitler's closest confidante and secretary is suppose to have issued a secret memo that the Nazis intended to get rid of all churches.

An excerpt: http://www.thirdreich.net/Bormann_Bio.html

He reopened the fight against the Christian churches, declaring in a confidential memo to Gauleiters in 1942 that their power 'must absolutely and finally be broken'. Nazism, based as it was on a 'scientific' world-view, was completely incompatible with Christianity whose influence was regarded by Bormann as a serious obstacle to totalitarian rule.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...y/Bormann.html

Has this to say about Bormann:

He was a rabid fighter against the Christian churches, stating in a confidential 1942 memo that Nazism was incompatible with Christianity and the power of the churches "must absolutely and finally be broken."(5)
Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 PM

IMO, guys like Zeejustin are made up on this issue and many of other that relate. Kind of like a terrorist is made up on his. But at least Zee's ideology isnt gonna blow anyone up(for now).

No reasonable facts or truths, scientifically , etc can change his mind.

Sigh for unbias open mindedness to learn facts and truths.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM

I'd like to comment...

[ QUOTE ]
So Zee, your point being that God is a negative on the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe he said that at all. I think he merely answered the question posed by the OP.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus I'd question you on that 50 Million number. Think more like 11 to 12 million at most. But who gives a [censored] about 30 to 35 Million people right. Let's just make up big sexy numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

11 million or 50 million... does it really make a big difference?

[ QUOTE ]
But I do know that Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong who were atheist in the same century as Hitler did kill over 100 Million people together.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the key distinction. Zee was saying Hitler accomplished what he did THROUGH religious beliefs. They were a factor in his plan/success and possibly his beliefs.

Your examples weren't motivated by the fact that they were atheists. Atheism has NOTHING to do with what they did. You might as well point out that they both had dark hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I don't buy into the God was a crucial piece of the puzzle cause a fanatic person will put that kind of emotion in anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you buy it or not has little to do with what happened. Hitler used religion in his plans. You may question if he was sincere or not... but there's no doubt that he used religion in his speech and imagery to command his nation.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you are defending your ideology here... so much so that you're putting words into zee's mouth.

[ QUOTE ]
Nations have been formed in that type of cause and God was no where near it. I know you want it to be so bad cause it would be so sweet for you, but you can't just make up things and have them be true. Believe or not, just cause you think something, doesn't mean it's true. Ah, what a concept. But if you want to be ignorant, whatever.

I'd love to get a list of the books you've fed urself in ur young naive life.

I like facts, how bout you?

Be careful what you read sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're just ranting and making a lot of generalizations and vague insults to a person you do not know. It suggests you're having an emotional reaction to his post rathar then merely considering its content.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:58 PM

Spin Spin Spin, what this forum is best for.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 PM

It's like trying tell someone who for sure thinks those puffy white things in the sky are marshmallows are really called clouds.

40 Years Later, still thinks they're marshmallows
Old 10-15-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's like trying tell someone who for sure thinks those puffy white things in the sky are marshmallows are really called clouds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. Totally. Reminds me of people still explaining the world through the eyes of people nearly 2000 years ago. Back then, people explained the world through mysterious Gods who sacrificed their children. Or Noah's ark. Or that Jesus was in America.

Fun stuff.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're disputing that 50 million people died in WWII? Are you really this ignorant? Or are you just trolling?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:30 PM

First of all, I agree with everything Kurto just said.

Secondly, LOL @:

[ QUOTE ]
I'd question you on that 50 Million number. Think more like 11 to 12 million at most.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. You could have googled it first before making yourself look like an ass.

Wiki Entry on Death Tolls shows the LOWEST estimate at 40mil, and the highest at 71.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All this equal rights, don't blow people up is fun stuff for the terrorist too, they just laugh at us like, yeh, look at this guy , hes funny and clueless.

lol, oh well, nuff said.

Ha. Totally. Reminds me of people still explaining the world through the eyes of people nearly 2000 years ago. Back then, people explained the world through mysterious Gods who sacrificed their children. Or Noah's ark. Or that Jesus was in America.

All