Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL share your views THREAD

I just read through the HH's and I think POTRIPPER could see the hole cards
Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lesson:
If you have access to hole cards don't play like these people and you will make millions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This is in my view one of the most significant aspects of this whole story. Anyone who manages to get access to a superuser account and bypass a site's security system, if they had half a brain, could win millions of dollars in undetectable cheating. I can only hope that the major sites have stringent security measures at their end to ensure superuser accounts are not accessible to anyone without supervision, that logs are created every time a superuser account is activated and that people are paid to examine those logs etc.

I guess on those sorts of matters there's nothing more that can be done other than crossing our fingers...

By the way, I'm all for an anti-ancap crusade because I think that crew is delusional, but 1) you wouldn't be the first, and 2) it's futile because they're delusional.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to lead an anti-ancap crusade into politics solely due to this one statement

[/ QUOTE ]

You know it's gonna be a one way trip and the black hole of stupid suck us in, but i'm ready to share your fate, fearless leader.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why even bother? Arguing with ACists means operating under the faulty premise that their philosophies are legitimate and not at all the product of selfish privilege and bigotry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're slowly expanding into the legislation forum, where they've so far have succeeded in keeping the debate away from "what regs do we need?" and at "who are you to question the Holy Market when it says AP's A-OK".

This needs to end ASAP, because people who actually have dogs in this fight need to take the legislation forum here seriously, which is not happening right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I thought we were talking about invading the politics forum or something.

In that case, sign me up. Those ACists tend to shut up when you point out that their philosophies are basically derived from the standpoint that "we are intelligent white men of privilege and should be able to hold on to as much of our privilege and money as possible, the consequences to others be damned".

Just ask them how they feel about the Civil War! It becomes clear quickly.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Q for, Nate, adanthar, josem etc

have you been contact at all about participating in some sort of book yet? I think this would be a fascinating story along the lines of bringing down the house. if I were you guys if you get to a point where you are satisfied with that AP says I would consider holding off giving out all you information until such a time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shooting the movie right now as matter of fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

pls to be making brad pitt play the role of josem.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to lead an anti-ancap crusade into politics solely due to this one statement

[/ QUOTE ]

You know it's gonna be a one way trip and the black hole of stupid suck us in, but i'm ready to share your fate, fearless leader.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why even bother? Arguing with ACists means operating under the faulty premise that their philosophies are legitimate and not at all the product of selfish privilege and bigotry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're slowly expanding into the legislation forum, where they've so far have succeeded in keeping the debate away from "what regs do we need?" and at "who are you to question the Holy Market when it says AP's A-OK".

This needs to end ASAP, because people who actually have dogs in this fight need to take the legislation forum here seriously, which is not happening right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, sign me up. Those ACists tend to shut up when you point out that their philosophies are basically derived from the standpoint that "we are intelligent white men of privilege and should be able to hold on to as much of our privilege and money as possible, the consequences to others be damned".

[/ QUOTE ]

I 99% agree, the only point of contention I have is that 'intelligent' should be replaced with 'privy to the best possible education and some of it inevitably sank in and stuck'.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:38 PM

'privy to the best possible education and some of it inevitably sank in and stuck'.

Osmosis?

gg
Old 10-22-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I 99% agree, the only point of contention I have is that 'intelligent' should be replaced with 'privy to the best possible education and some of it inevitably sank in and stuck'.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, should have replaced "intelligent" with "educated, somewhat".

What it really comes down to is that they have no problem with (white-owned) corporations pillaging the land and humanity in pursuit of the almighty dollar, but they'll be damned if they give a dime towards social services (that poor/brown people use).
Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 PM

i think the fgators photoshops were overrated imo
Old 10-22-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute is not "getting away" with anything if the "informed market" has appropriately discounted the risk of cheating and decided to play there anyway.

You are free to exercise your choice NOT to play there, if you want the POLICE to ban everyone else, how are you better than Focis on Family ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. this is one confused freshman. Econ 102 head asplodes. But you still haven't answered the question, Andathar, How are you any better that Focis on the Family?

Are you ascared to answer the question? Do you refuse to debate? Is this some sort of cover up?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:26 PM

Let's see, most likely possibility:
-Adanthar is part of some weird reverse coverup attempting to bring down Absolute Poker at all costs and thereby commit the greater crime of restricting the free market, and this scandal was merely his means of doing so

Or

-comparing Adanthar to Focus on the Family is so bat [censored] insane, and obviously so, that it doesn't merit a response