Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2006, 09:58 AM

Default My incompetent co worker is driving me crazy.

I have a co-worker that I never wanted to work with. When I heard she wanted to work in my unit, I strongly suggested to my supervisor that she not be allowed to work in this unit. That suggestion was ignored. The co worker has been incompetent since day one. While a nice person, she lacks any organizational skills or time management skills. Needless to say, she is a disaster and eventually will be removed from this job though it may take a while. She has lost/misplaced/missed deadlines, etc so many times I cannot count. Oh yeah, she makes $72K a year.

Ok, so last Wed(5/24) was my last day at work. I had scheduled Thurs and Friday off as well as the weekend and Memorial Day. I had possession of a file that my co-worker may have needed. So last thing I did Wed afternoon at 4:18(I leave at 4:30) was to send an email to her stating exactly what the file was, where it was on my desk, and that I would need it back.

I came back to work today to find my well organized desk in shambles. I keep all my work load(the paper work takes up about 7-8 feet of desk space) organized chrono, and then by last name. Everything was scattered and had been rifled through. I asked another co worker about the particular problem co worker and the file I thought she might need. He said "oh yeah, she was looking for you Thursday". I thought to myself...wtf... I sent this bitch an email detailing everything. My co worker suggested I look and see if the email was opened. I checked...the email was opened......

...at 5:33 pm on Thursday(5/25).

WTF?!?!?!?!? A management level employee went an entire friggen day without looking at her email! WTF!