Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2006, 03:28 PM

Default $2/$4 PLO: Big draw hits non-nuts on river.

At the beginning of hand, I have $775, BB has $625. Everyone else in hand has in $200 to $400 range. Not much read on the BB, he had won a few decent sized pots uncalled, seemed aggressive but no way to know what he had in those hands. Not super loose. Rest of table is playing pretty loose-aggressive this day.

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Bartholow is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2, folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, Bartholow calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($20, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Bartholow bets $19</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $76</font>, 3 folds, Bartholow calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($172, 2 players)
Bartholow checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $169</font>, Bartholow calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($510, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Bartholow bets enough to put him all in</font>...

I think all streets have choices, main questions would be flop and river I guess.

On the flop I like to bet out with a variety of good hands to cover the times I'm betting with a weak hand or semi-bluff, but with a pretty big draw maybe I should be looking to check and see if a big pot can be built on the flop? I figured stacks were too big relative to pot to try this, but...

On river I just thought I was ahead and that I might sometimes get called by a worse hand, whereas if I check and he bets I'm suddenly much less likely to be winning but not sure I can fold. Is this idea of betting on river when you're ahead of his range if you bet but not ahead of his range if you call too much of a limit poker concept???