Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Intersting hand a little deep

i would bet like 2/3rds on river but w/e. i dont see much else u can discuss. depending on ur image and stuff a turn bet is pretty awsome too. but it just depends on metagame stuff and how often u actually bet the turn. looks solid tho
Old 11-14-2007, 11:43 AM

17/12/3 isnt really decent imo. Its more along the lines of fit or fold. Given he didnt reraise your steal attempt he hardley ever has AA with his stats, so his calling range is probably top heavy towards pp, big over cards etc. Given his aggression levels i think he folds the flop with over cards and may peel with pp's so while your bet size is ok, i'd make it slightly higher to look more like an AK type hand. turn check is good, river bet is slightly too high. Had you bet more on the flop you'd have a much bigger pot to play with.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:34 PM

Boards kinda ghey and as kaz says turn bet is sexy but board is kinda ghey -your line looks like AK/AQ and I just bet 2/3 as even a set by him is likely just calling and not c/shoving onus though QQ will but i think he donks river then.

17/12 is fine why cant he call a 3bet with KK/AA or QQ and then stack vs that kind of thinking?

That 9 thing I wasn't sure about -I'm never sure what the 'correct' 3bet size with limpers+ pfr raiser and callers size is but 9 seems a tad strong I guess. I randomise my 3bet amount Harrington style often though.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boards kinda ghey and as kaz says turn bet is sexy but board is kinda ghey -your line looks like AK/AQ and I just bet 2/3 as even a set by him is likely just calling and not c/shoving onus though QQ will but i think he donks river then.

17/12 is fine why cant he call a 3bet with KK/AA or QQ and then stack vs that kind of thinking?

That 9 thing I wasn't sure about -I'm never sure what the 'correct' 3bet size with limpers+ pfr raiser and callers size is but 9 seems a tad strong I guess. I randomise my 3bet amount Harrington style often though.

[/ QUOTE ]turn bet is only sexy if u r capable of doin it with air a good percentage of time as well. i personally can get loads of value from betting the turn here but i have no idea how corsakhas image is n stuff. if he bets lots of turns on ragish boards like this then betting with KK here is optimal obv. just kinda depends on how the rest of ur game plays out and then having the right frequencies n stuff
Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM

He may have AA, its just not very likely. He is not slowplaying a set. And I almost never second barrel 3bet pots regardless if I have a hand or not unless its some terrible calling station because:

People dont draw as often as they do in normal pots, and if they do they usually play draws agressively

People usually dont fold in normal pots. they never fold in 3bet pots [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I get looked up extra light on the river after half pot, check turn, pot river. They always put you ok AK. The only problem is river is a K [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]