Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Did I play this right? Stud/8

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.40, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (3.85 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.93 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (4.93 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

I checked because the only hand I think I am ahead of is a flush draw. if he has two pair or three jacks is a bet correct I really don't think he is folding here

River - (4.93 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises

Total pot: (10.93 BB - $43.70)
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Did I play this right? Stud/8

Is he a very decent player or retard? You didn't mention any reads...On 6th you look to be in a good spot with your board, so a bet might win it from a thinking player. But I probably would have bet 6th anyway just to stay consistent because he looks to have a high hand. I like the river as played because he's been awfully passive thru the hand now all of a sudden he bets into you & then raises.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 PM

In think you played it just fine. If he made it to 6th with this board he wont fold any better hand and he is not likely to have a worse high hand here.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:43 PM

The "is he a retard?" question is quite important. I can't believe he plays split jacks this way, a heart draw looks more likely, with the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], otherwise wtf is he doing calling 5th? On the river, I guess you are toast once he puts in the 3bet unless he is blind or misclicked. Obviously you have to call on general principle.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:46 PM

I have a tendency to play hyperaggro so I would have bet 6th to convince him of a low with a possible made str8. However, he 3b 7th so you still got the bet out of him. If he filled, good for him - I call his 3b. NH
Old 07-19-2007, 11:57 PM

Third through fifth are pretty standard. I'm OK with checking behind on sixth if you think that it's unlikely that this guy is folding. Since his most likely hands are a flush draw and trip Jacks, that should be the case.

You probably put in an appropriate amount of action on the river. Since he might be three-betting a flush, and since four bets is a cap online, I think that it would have been fine for you to cap as well.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 AM

Yeah if he definitely isn't folding 6th then I guess you should check. The river is probably good.

No read?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:18 PM

I might be wrong to bet 6th in this particular hand. I think a lot like a PL player most of the time. You are probably behind on 6th with him catching the J. So, he might have been trying to c/r you with aces up or 3 jacks.
I still call the 3b on 7th.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 AM

It looks good to me. Although, I'd re-raise the river.