Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: A Seif Bet - for those who still believe a word he, or AP, says

Well, I still contend that Seif said in his interview that AP will err on the side of clients and overpay rather than potentially shortchange any accounts. I think he should definitely have AP do the stand up thing and pay back the funds to this guy's account since there are soooo many screwups on AP's part on this.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if anyone really wants to make give Seif a hard time, you could report him (and his ownership stake in Absolute) to the State bar association (of wherever he is licensed as an attorney) and let them determine whether his ownership of Absolute is unlawful or worthy of getting him disbarred.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an attorney in St. Louis, MO. Mr. Seif's ownership of AP is not related to any practice of law and not a basis for disbarment or any other discipline. However, proof of stealing by seeing opponents hole cards might be grounds for discipline based on immoral activity. However, a criminal conviction would be needed and still might result in some punishment short of disbarrment. Of course, if he did this to a legal client, then he would likely be disbarred, but again, a criminal conviction is the needed proof. In other words, don't hold your breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a California attorney. So is Mark Seif. Reporting him to the bar at this time is pointless. I can't imagine the bar investigating this mess, and it had nothing to do with the practice of law.

If there is ever credible evidence of him cheating or otherwise stealing from players at AP, I'll lead the charge. But I haven't seen a single shred of evidence that leads me to believe that Seif was involved and/or personally gained from this scandal at all.

You don't have to like him, and you don't need to think he is a good public speaker - I agree with the masses that the latest interview was nothing short of a bloody third trimester abortion of an attempt at addressing the AP scandal. You can think that he is the biggest douchebag in the poker world since Dutch Boyd. None of that makes him a thief. None of it.

The fact that he is so unpopular here, yet no one has found anything on him yet and no one on the inside at AP forwarded anything to Nat or Adar or Josem leads me to believe that Seif - to the extent that he says he never cheated or gained from the superuser account capability - is telling the truth.

Seriously though, if you get hard evidence of him cheating beyond some very weak accusations surrounding a HU session from two years ago, I'll carry the flag in the charge to the state bar disciplinary committee.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can think that he is the biggest douchebag in the poker world since Dutch Boyd. None of that makes him a thief. None of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol you picked a really bad person to compare him against for anyone who currently has money on AP...
Old 10-30-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if anyone really wants to make give Seif a hard time, you could report him (and his ownership stake in Absolute) to the State bar association (of wherever he is licensed as an attorney) and let them determine whether his ownership of Absolute is unlawful or worthy of getting him disbarred.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an attorney in St. Louis, MO. Mr. Seif's ownership of AP is not related to any practice of law and not a basis for disbarment or any other discipline. However, proof of stealing by seeing opponents hole cards might be grounds for discipline based on immoral activity. However, a criminal conviction would be needed and still might result in some punishment short of disbarrment. Of course, if he did this to a legal client, then he would likely be disbarred, but again, a criminal conviction is the needed proof. In other words, don't hold your breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a California attorney. So is Mark Seif. Reporting him to the bar at this time is pointless. I can't imagine the bar investigating this mess, and it had nothing to do with the practice of law.

If there is ever credible evidence of him cheating or otherwise stealing from players at AP, I'll lead the charge. But I haven't seen a single shred of evidence that leads me to believe that Seif was involved and/or personally gained from this scandal at all.

You don't have to like him, and you don't need to think he is a good public speaker - I agree with the masses that the latest interview was nothing short of a bloody third trimester abortion of an attempt at addressing the AP scandal. You can think that he is the biggest douchebag in the poker world since Dutch Boyd. None of that makes him a thief. None of it.

The fact that he is so unpopular here, yet no one has found anything on him yet and no one on the inside at AP forwarded anything to Nat or Adar or Josem leads me to believe that Seif - to the extent that he says he never cheated or gained from the superuser account capability - is telling the truth.

Seriously though, if you get hard evidence of him cheating beyond some very weak accusations surrounding a HU session from two years ago, I'll carry the flag in the charge to the state bar disciplinary committee.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow great post, not what i was expecting
Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 PM

Ya I still haven't been fully paid by AP either for hands with Graycat that happened in May/June... Going to call them tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya I still haven't been fully paid by AP either for hands with Graycat that happened in May/June... Going to call them tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure May/June is before the cheating window, but GL!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It IS before the cheating window. You were just beat.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It IS before the cheating window. You were just beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheating window = day they deleted all their HH's?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 PM

Right around the time of the 8.0 update(mid august) is when the limit cheaters started playing diffrently and winning, so depending on which consipracy theory you subscibe to, that was when it all began.

True or not, thats when they are reimbursing players for...not sure how they do that with only two months HH's though lololo
Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a surprise, we can't convict him in a US court without the power to actually obtain evidence (or punish the destruction of evidence)? The fact that he cannot be convicted in a US court is meaningless, nor is it even the slightest defense given the situation.

He engaged in incredibly suspicious activity and has yet to even attempt to clear his name. And the evidence that could possible clear his name is conveniently missing. The only thing he can lose here is his credibility, and he seems very willing to throw it away in order to protect himself from more meaningful losses. What do you think that means?