Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 02:35 PM

Default PS - 4/180 - QQ with overcards on the flop

Several hands before this I just took all of the chips of the Button. He called me down with KJ when I hit a bottom set-fullhouse on the turn. I left him with 240 chips because I didn't think he'd call off all of his chips, but I probably could have busted him if I put him all-in.

No reads on BB.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t25/t50
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t1865
Hero: t5055
MP1: t2625
MP2: t1205
CO: t1970
Button: t1145
SB: t4970
BB: t5425

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t150</font>, 3 folds, Button calls t150 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t225)</font>, SB folds, BB calls t100 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t375)</font>.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t475, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

I just knew an Ace and King would flop. This is probably the 3rd out of 4 times that I had QQ preflop and an A and K hit the flop at the same time, so I'm unsure how to play here.

Do I make a probe bet to see where I am at? Are those scare cards for them too? I guess I was doing well with my chips and didn't want to throw them away. Do I make a probe bet and then shut down if I get a caller?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: PS - 4/180 - QQ with overcards on the flop

I'd have raised more pre, probably 225. After the button calls, the BB is getting a great price with ATC. A probe bet here isn't an awful play since the two callers will figure you for an ace, but I'd be happy to check it down with two overs.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: PS - 4/180 - QQ with overcards on the flop

I generally bet 250 here. He's flatting with tons of pairs, suited connectors,etc.

Checking here gives him the green light to bluff the turn and with his stack I really don't think you can call.