Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-30-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Repeating losing hand - AQ

Remembering it's 7 handed not 9 handed I think I'm probably raise/calling or shoving 77+, AJs+, AQo+. AJo/66 are close. I'm also not raise/folding anything with this stack unless people had been too tight.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 PM

raise/call > shove > fold > raise/fold
Old 12-01-2007, 12:19 AM

hand 1 - raise/call all in, hand 2 - shove

you will always have a hand that seems to lose more than others but if its in the AA-99, AK-AJ range then its unfortunate and it'll be another hand next month
Old 12-01-2007, 07:16 AM

raise/call shove and be prepared to shove a bunch of flops if someone flat calls behind you. Open folding AQ with 14 BBs I think is criminal and raise/folding has to be worse.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:03 AM

Shove both. Wiild's math is right on the push, and if you take the raise line and are called you're OOP with 1300 or more in the pot, 2250 or less behind. If you don't flop TP your only CB is a push, and if you do flop top pair you want to get all the money in with an SPR of <2, so your money is going all in on the flop anyway (unless you plan to check/fold the flop when you miss) when villains have more info than they did preflop.

If youre going to check fold the flop 70% of the time that youre called, then your EV when you are called is very roughly .7 * -500 + .3 * (650 * .70 + 2750 * .3*.8 -2750 *.3 * .2) = -65.

You can play around with assumptions about what range of hands you get called and win with on the flop, and assumptions about how often villain bets into your check when you miss, but I doubt it will turn raising PF with a plan to fold when you miss into a +EV line, so youre counting on pf FE to make raising +EV anyway.

The range where raising PF has enough FE to make it positive vs the EV of just pushing has got to be extremely narrow or non-existent.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remembering it's 7 handed not 9 handed I think I'm probably raise/calling or shoving 77+, AJs+, AQo+. AJo/66 are close. I'm also not raise/folding anything with this stack unless people had been too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah good point, missed that! Stick it in!