Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-29-2007, 07:20 PM

Default 10k Hands - what the hell is wrong with my stats?

hey folks, this is my first post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
i began playing poker about 2 months ago, didnt even knew there were community cards before i started. i cashed in 300$ and i played 10k hands now on everest, trying to do some winning without really trying to learn the theory. only read sklanskys top but didnt really help me. i won about 200$ before getting beaten again and again, now i ended up with 100$ left in my bankroll, at least i completed my bonus on everest..haha..
i now started to read some articles and looked at my hands, started to analyze my play. thats where you come in, could you give me some suggestions or advice on my numbers and stats or anything else? i dont want to go broke at all.. and i really want to learn how to play this game properly.
cheers and thanks!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: 10k Hands - what the hell is wrong with my stats?

Is this full ring or 6 max? In either case I would say people aren't really giving you credit considering you are raising almost every hand you are in preflop, I imagine this requries a lot of 3 betting.

Your postflop aggression factor is really high as well, so I think people are probably going to be trapping you a lot because they know you are going to bet.

I would play a little more straightforward ABC poker and you should see your Went to SD go down, your Won$ at SD go up and your Total AF come down to around 2 or 3.

If you are 3 betting a lot, maybe tighten up your range just a bit for that. Your opponents are going to catch on very quick if you are 3 betting them light.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Your sample sizes at NL25 and NL2 are too small to really matter so I'll ignore them.

You being 22/21 really doesn't look at that bad for someone who just got started. You might back off that a little to maybe 19/16 or so at those limits (though it's not unreasonable at all in other circumstances), and you might be c-betting a little too much and prob 3-betting too light.

But, you should maybe post some hand histories or a graph and so on. 10k hands and those stats leaves a lot of room for problems we can't see. You could be minraising or something
Old 11-29-2007, 07:45 PM

ok, its everything 6 max. i always took the tables with the highest %pot and % of pf raise. yeah thats right i c-bet a lot and i get caught a lot if i think about it..ok i will try to find some handhistories and heres my graph..so sad [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Ok, well, if you have $100 drop to NL5. You're probably going to continue bleeding off $ but you might as well slow it down while you learn.

I'd get on one of the training sites if you can afford it, even if it means you can't play real money poker for a while. It's nice to dive right in (that's how a lot of us who started pre-boom started out), but at some point it will help you greatly to pay your dues and study up a bit.

There are a number of good books, DVDs, articles to help. You might want to start over at the uNL forum and read their stickies. That doesn't cost anything and their advice is pretty solid.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:17 AM

ok, thanks for the advice...er, unl forum? sorry for the question.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...oard=microplnl

Microstakes forum, read the stickies they are full of lots of useful information.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:28 AM

Wow..

You have some pretty strange stats. I don't really get it. You are pretty laggy preflop which is fine. You are very aggro postflop with is good. Yet you get to showdown >30% of the time. These 3 numbers don't add up. Plus you W$ASD is really low. Try to not take so many weak holding to showdown. Again, I don't know quite how this is happening since you are so aggro.

Post some hands that you are not sure of.

SMS
Old 11-30-2007, 12:10 PM

Your problem (NL 0.10) is that you cannot beat the rake. Overall you won 60 bucks from your opponents, but you paid 190 bucks to be allowed to play with them.

In an essence this shows us that the rake is so absurd at those levels that even if you triple your winnings, you would still be a loser on this site.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are very aggro postflop with is good. Yet you get to showdown >30% of the time. These 3 numbers don't add up. Plus you W$ASD is really low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say, "You can't bluff a calling station."

It's likely that in the micro limit games he's playing that people call too much. Sometimes new players at low stakes think along the lines of...After all, my "stack" is only $1, right? And I have top pair with A3o, so that's worth my stack, right?

My guess is that he's bluffing too much at loose passive tables where people pay too much to see the flop, then don't fold when they catch a piece of it.

I'd recommend bluffing less post-flop, continuation betting into multi-player flops less when you miss, and value betting more.