Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Artichoke Joes

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really dabble in limit, im an NL donk - do they only spread the 2k nl, or are there other games? do you happen to know ~avg stack? is it full handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the only NL game last time I was there. Fun place, good atmosphere, plus close to public transport. Not sure of average stacks, but it seems to have a board most times.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:45 PM

The only NL is the $2k minimum game. On Friday nights they run one and sometimes two tables. I don't play NL and certainly not that big, but it seems that the 2nd table is must-move. Stacks are often many multiples of $2k. I have no idea if they get big based on play or buy-in. The table plays full, that's 9 handed in California. I'd say at least 3/4 of the players are regulars.

Lucky Chances, which is close by, runs the closest thing to a smaller no-limit game, with its 1-1-2 $200 capped bet game. I suspect their 2-3-5 $200 capped bet game runs more like spreadlimit than no limit.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:48 PM

DaveR,
what have you ordered that you like? Mostly I have desert there, apple pie ala mode is nice, as is the Halo Halo smoothies.

I went to Foxwoods for the first time last Saturday and was bummed that they don't let you eat while playing. Although the free drinks were great.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:25 PM

The $2k NL game goes Mon Wed Friday. They have been getting two tables pretty much every day the game goes the past few weeks. And 3 games on about half the days. Games are always chained must moves. Time charge is $10/half I would say most people buy in for $2-$4k though some buy in $10k+
Old 11-02-2006, 09:17 PM

ANother AJ regular chiming in here. I just moved up to 6/12 and have had some good luck with it so far. Great room overall, solid dealers & floor. If you see a 25 y/o white guy with an ipod, give a "sup bro" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (monday's after work is when i've been there recently)
Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 PM

If you plan to play O8B there, go early. Wed. the O8B fills by 7:30 or 8pm, whenever enough players bust out of the tourney. There's normally just one table spread and the regulars who're there hold onto the seats like grim death (which is not far away from a few). It isn't as hard to get a seat Frdiay night but early arrival is an advantage.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $2k NL game goes Mon Wed Friday. They have been getting two tables pretty much every day the game goes the past few weeks. And 3 games on about half the days. Games are always chained must moves. Time charge is $10/half I would say most people buy in for $2-$4k though some buy in $10k+

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, sweet. any time i should get there?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:32 PM

Game starts early like 9-10am. On Wednesday the 2nd game was full by 11:30am. Fridays are bad because they run out of tables and if they have to pick starting a 3/6 LHE game over a 3rd NL game they are going to pick the 3/6 game.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you see a 25 y/o white guy with an ipod, give a "sup bro"

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because these are unique creatures in the Bay Area. Wait, maybe you stand out by wearing a baseball cap and/or a hoodie. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2006, 01:31 AM

alright i think i am going to go this monday, if you see a 7 foot 2 black guy, thats not me