Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Straight flush mucked at 200nl Foxwoods?

[ QUOTE ]
[JhAhX][2h][4h]

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT ALERT: Not only did he attempt to muck (albeit unsuccesfully) but how was 35 ahead until the river???

He didn't know he was on a gut shot or a heart draw, and assuming X= 3 or 5 he thought his bottom pair was good and he took a bad beat because an almighty 4 showed up. And he was so indignant he needed to show that he is making a mighty laydown of (maybe!) botttom pair.

This is wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[JhAhX][2h][4h]

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT ALERT: Not only did he attempt to muck (albeit unsuccesfully) but how was 35 ahead until the river???

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called a flush. Which he had on the turn. If you are a true nit why can't you read a board?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:41 PM

I am NIT because I cannot read
Old 10-14-2007, 04:37 PM

The fact that you know the official ruling on what you understand this situation to be, is one thing. However, no player should be allowed to re-evaluate their decision after another player at the table makes a comment, period. Especially after the villain in question has done everything in his power to fold, short of placing both cards into the pile of muck himself. (i.e. saying "I had you 'til the river {a comment made by a player who is folding, not calling, every time} i.e. flipping his cards face up and throwing them towards the dealer, not flipping them up in front of him to get a read.)

Whatever the current ruling may be at the time and/or currently does not mean that this ruling is the most appropriate whatsoever. IMO no player should be allowed to make a call after flipping up his cards and having another player make a comment to the whole table about the villains hands, ever. I'm aware that it will be a judgment call most of the time, but in this case, it is so painfully obvious, there is no excuse.

As for the mods involved in this thread. Please take the time to forward me a pm with a more specific reason why I had my acct banned for 3 days than you're standard FAQ copy and paste. TT...IMO you're comments and attitude throughout this thread have been demeaning, inappropriate, and extremely unprofessional. The 2p2 forums are the most prestigious in the world for a number of reasons, and mods with 15k+ posts making pompous comments, is not one of them.

Furthermore, I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have offended in this thread and thank everyone who posted a worthwhile comment.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:07 PM

You really need to get over it. You got shafted a bit, we all agree. It's not the end of the world, you have no leg on which to stand. That it bothers you so much so longer after the event is more significant than the events of this hand.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:21 PM

I am very much over it. However I feel very strongly, whether I am in this situation, or a perfect stranger, that the decision or "std. ruling" here is a tremendous injustice to the Hero. It was not the injustice almost 1 year ago that caused the heated debate, it was the inability for certain members to see how poorly this reflects on the integrity of the game that means so much to everyone here on 2p2.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 AM

All - this thread has now been locked. Yet another user sent a complaint about 0524432 trolling his own thread therefore thats as far as we are going to let it continue. The correct answer was stated in the first few responses so its not like there is anything that could be added.

0524432 - do us all a favor, if your going to troll threads you start and refuse to listen to the expert rulings that are provided to you then don't bother posting in B&M in the future.

PS - I just learned he was banned twice in the past week, I wonder why. Third time is a charm!
Closed Thread