Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Borgata $10/$20 2-way trip report

I played the $10/$20 2-way (30 min. O/8 30 min. Stud/8) at the Borgata on Saturday. I've played this game at the Taj a few times, and each time there were a few good players in it. This was my first time playing it at the Borgata, and the game was ridiculously soft.

On the Omaha end, many folks seemed to play any 4, particularly any 4 that had an ace. Those that called pre-flop were pretty much in no fold mode.

A couple of highlights:

Board of 2-J-J-Q-K capped on the river between older man and younger man. Older man shows full house. Younger man shows A-3-4-7 and says he has a low. LOLZA.

Kill pot ($15/$30) raised before flop, I call in MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 5 players. Flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked around. Turn is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to me (surprising), I bet, 4 callers(!). I curse to myself, figuring that my high is no good, my flush draw is probably no good, and my low draw is probably no good. River 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Other highlights are people calling down to river with Jack-high flushes, calling the river on a flush board with a straight, folks who play every hand (literally), irrespective of whether there is a pfr, yada yada.

Good game ... and the play in the Stud-8 part is just as bad.